External cell reference between two excel worksheets both in One Drive

Reaction score
I am using One Drive and have a master sheet in a folder. below that folder I have other folders that each will have their own spreadsheet. I would like to reference cells from the master sheet (folder above) in the subfolder spreadsheet

I need one cell in one of the sheets to be linked to the value of the other one, so if I change the value on the original sheet it also changes it on the second

I was able to do this when the files were on my desktop by simply referencing the cell in the master sheet while in the cell in the second sheet but this does not seem to work with the One Drive App or while usind Edge in https://onedrive.live.com/

What I am trying to do is share a spreadsheet (one in the subfolder) that contains only a subset of the original sheet with another user so they only see what applies to them (in view only mode). Then when I update the master the next time they see their sheet they get all the changes/updates all while in the cloud

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance

DAsh

Ask a Question