Extracting Data and Error Msgs

H

Hornet

ERROR MSG:
Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation

I can’t figure out why:
The names of my Columns are as follows:
ITEM QTY DAYS TOTAL
I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore…

I am composing an invoice for my rental business. I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that were rented or Criteria QTY>0
I was trying to use the Auto Filter but that doesn’t seem to have the option of putting the data in another location. I can’t figure out how to do the advanced filter. I would like to extract every row on the list where the QTY is greater than zero and paste them into another location ,(sheet 2) where I will have our logo etc at top of letter size page and other info at bottom.

On the contextures website there is this explanation which is wayway over my head:

Sub CopyFilter()
'by Tom Ogilvy
Dim rng As Range
Dim rng2 As Range

With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng2 = .Offset(1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1, 1) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
On Error GoTo 0
End With
If rng2 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No data to copy"
Else
Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells.Clear
Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
rng.Offset(1, 0).Resize(rng.Rows.Count - 1).Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
End If
ActiveSheet.ShowAllData

End Sub

Whoah!!!! Where does that happen.

I thought what I'm trying to do would be pretty simple!
But then again I'm a Mac graphic program expert???(Photoshop,Illustrator,Quark,FCP) Maybe I can help you with those programs.
If you email me I could send a file.
Thanks

Ask a Question