Extreme Interview with Anand Bhatt 8

R

RS Music News

RS: Is guitar your main instrument or do you think that the sitar is your principal tool to compose and play?
ANAND: Guitar is definitely my major instrument. The sitar sometimes has too specific of a sound to effectively compose.

RS: How would you describe your record "Click"? Are you recording the followup to it?
ANAND: The "click" CD was the first major release of Anand clique. The music has been described as "tribal hardcore." We like those songs to be heavy, but still mentally captivating to play.
We are currently starting work on recording new material for the next CD.
The musicianship behind the new songs is diverse, and word around Sonic Wave is we may release two new CD's - one shortly afer the other.

RS: How big is the influence of Indian music in your own music?
ANAND: It plays an important role in the time signatures and some melodies, as well as some content and performance.

RS: How did you hook up with Jim Martin (ex -Faith No More)?
ANAND: I met him backstage somewhere. We were both playing a festival. He had the better room, so we were all hanging out in there.

RS: Can you talk me about the Anand Clique and Project. 44 history?
ANAND: We started playing out with Anand clique. years ago. One New Year's weekend, we played one of the final shows that was to be held at a famous Chicago Venue, The Thirsty Whale. The tape of that show over a short period of time was copied and sent all over worldwide. Then with the help and interest of guys like Joey from MANOWAR, Rob Zombie, and various radio stations, we were able to put out the CD a few years later.

Project .44 is another Sonic Wave International band. The band is in collaboration and production with the people from Ministry and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. I play guitar, and some violin in this band. It's a different feel when you're just playing guitar, and aren't really thinking about the vocals.

RS: Why do you endorse Jackson guitars? Which effects do you use for playing (racks, etc)?
ANAND: I really like the feel of Jackson, and the crispy tone. My primary tone comes from using Mesa/Boogie and Marshall heads with a Digitech noise gate/distortion.

fM31bNkzv31XRHFNb0efTNrKu

Ask a Question