"Fields Nested Too Deeply" Error in Simple Word Document

Reaction score
I keep getting the message: "Fields Nested Too Deeply" in a simple (though large) Word document. I have not created any macros or done anything in this document other than straight up writing and editing. I also seem to get very long periods of "beachball" where I can do nothing but wait --sometimes quite a while-- to resume working on the doc at all. I don't know if these are related, and the "beachball" problem preceded the "Fields Nested Too Deep" by a few weeks but they're both constant now.
I am working on a 2018 MacBook Air.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Ad

Advertisements

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Your description suggests the document has acquired some of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Your description suggests the document has acquired some of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.
It worked!!! Thank you so much, very appreciated!

Ask a Question