File check if excists and Windows to mac conversion

Reaction score
Hello all,

I work as an ITC wannabe in a small company. Now the boss wants to see how much time people spent on helping clients and how (1 on 1 talking, talking on the phone to the clients or companies for the clients, filling in documents, ect). So I made an excel sheet for this. The idea of the boss and other employees (ofcourse the ITC wannabe ideas on the mather were not asked at this time) started with that people would fill it in on 1 computer and 1 excel sheet. But as it turns out this wasn't practical so they now want to give 1 excel file to each employee and I was given the task to try and add the hours of each file.

Now i found this code (see a little below) and integraded it to a new excel file but still find a problem of that if not all files are present (for example if an employee is sick and has no hours to report) it gives and error. Is there a way to check if the file excist or is there a better way to do this? Already added every time spend in the employee sheets. In this case F3 is total time calling. And yes =SOM is correct since it is a dutch version of office. Also the total sheet will be used on a mac. So what should I use instead of "C:\Users\S\Desktop" to get it on the mac desktop? (yes I am a mac newbie, never been behind 1 until 3 months ago or so, just (un)lucky that the boss has one)

=SOM('C:\Users\S\Desktop\[1.xlsx]Maandag'!$F$3;'C:\Users\S\Desktop\[2.xlsx]Maandag'!$F$3;'C:\Users\S\Desktop\[3.xlsx]Maandag'!$F$3)

[Edit] Oops was ment for mac office. Sorry about that

Last edited:

Ask a Question