'fileName.xls' is being modified by name.

B

BroLip

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a spreadsheet that I open daily. Today when I tried to open it I got this message:

Please let me know how I can fix this because I need this spreadsheet.
Thanks,

C

CyberTaz

Have you tried a simple restart of your Mac?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

B

BroLip

I tried the restart but the same window popped up. There is one change. If I click the notify button a new window pops up saying that the file is now free for Read and Write. I click the read and write button and the first window comes up with 'fileName.xls' is being modified by…
What's weird is, all of this just started today.

I

Insley H

This happened to me with a spreadsheet that contained raw data for my thesis. If you open it as "Read-Only" you can save as a different name then the original file. This will create a duplicate version of the original spreadsheet that you will be able to both Read and Write on. I hope this works for you - it worked for me : )

BroLi wrote:

16-Jan-10

Version: 200
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard
Processor: Inte

I have a spreadsheet that I open daily. Today when I tried to open it I got this message: <br><br>'fileName.xls' is being modified by name. <br><br>Please let me know how I can fix this because I need this spreadsheet. <br
Thanks,

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Using Attributes with Enums
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8-542844a32d71/using-attributes-with-enu.aspx

C

chouhaidi1

بتاريخ السبت، 16 يناير، 2010 UTC+1 4:48:18 م، كتب (e-mail address removed):

Ask a Question