Filtering data from a non-continuous list

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with what seems to be a very simple task, although I'm not familiar with. I have seen similar questions asked, but have not found a proper solution.
I have a budget proposal which has multiple sections that need to be filtered considering the nature of the expense (priority, new and continuous expense).
I need to filter data, but the title sections which determine the nature of the expenses (1-consumable, 2- software and harware and 3 -outsourcing) do not allow filtering, since they are breaking data flow.

Spreadsheet is attached to this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Budget Proposal.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 231
Reaction score
You can do this by selecting the cells you want to apply the filter to and then applying the filter. However, given you have merged cells and subtotals this is unlikely to work well.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Becky! Any other suggestion? I thought of breaking the spreadsheet into multiple tabs, taking into account the diverse nature of the expenses, and then grouping them together into a final report.

But I have no clue on how to proceed...

Reaction score
I think splitting it across multiple tabs is a good idea. You could then have a final sheet which links to the cells from the other sheets.

Ask a Question