Footer Autotext Problem

Reaction score
I am using Word 2003. Recently, I cannot use the View - Header Footer toolbar to insert Autotext correctly. I have used this in the past without problems. When I try to add the Page X of Y autotext the following character sequence appears:
‰ ˆˆˆ ……… €€€ zzz yyy ff ff1
I also get the following seeming to indicate something with Adobe Acrobat when I try to place the filename and path:
?? A d o b e P
I tried complete removing Adobe Acrobat, but that didn't work. I tried repairing Microsoft Office Pro 2003 but that didn't work. I tried removing and reinstalling Word and that didn't work either. In between each step I complete shut down the computer and turned it back on. What is strange is that I can successfully use, once I am viewing the Header and Footer and have the toolbar visible, the Insert - Field command, select the Filename field and add the path switch to it. But for some reason the autotext won't work now. Other programs don't seem to be affected, just Word. Any ideas how to correct this?

Ask a Question