Footnotes not showing at bottom of page (Word Mac:2008)

C

camacguy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I was having a problem with footnotes suddenly not showing up at the bottom of the page starting on page 12 of a 53 page document.

As I was posting to see if somebody could help, I solved the problem and thought I would post in case somebody else has the same problem or in case anyone monitors these forums for future bug fixes.

My document consists of a series of tables. The tables are set to not allow a row to break across pages.

The first table stretches from page 1 to 11. The footnotes are working properly. In table properties, text wrapping is set to None.

The second table stretches from page 12 to 19. The footnotes are not showing up at the bottom of the pages. In table properties, text wrapping is set to Around.

The third table stretches from page 20 to 28. The footnotes are not showing up at the bottom of the pages. In table properties, text wrapping is set to None.

All the other tables are the same as the third table.

SOLUTION:
When I go to the second table on page 12 and in the table properties set the text wrapping to None all the footnotes at the bottom of each page in the entire document show properly.

J

John McGhie

You would probably get the same bug in either format.

Try not to use floating tables: they are not "in the text" (they exist in
the graphics layer in front of the text) so Word can't tell where the bottom
of the page is :)

Cheers

By the way, I have Word set to Compatibility Mode.

--

Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Nhulunbuy, NT, Australia. mailto:[email protected]

Ask a Question