Format StyleRef Field Output

Reaction score
So I'm writing a MS thesis in word. There is a very specific format required for the Figure captions and the chapter headings. I've been using captions for the Figures with the chapter number (Figure 2.1 would be the first Figure in chapter 2) by referencing {styleref \s "Heading 2} the chapter headings. But the chapter headings are formatted to be roman numerals (I, II etc.) so my Figure captions come out Figure II.1. Is there anyway to change the output of the styleref field?? Or maybe another way to get Figure labels to keep track of their labels.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
OK, just talking off the wall here, but I think you can do what you require by setting up a style to do your captions .

Your heading style has nine levels, but you are probably not using all of them, so dedicate levels 8 and 9 to this problem.

Set up level 8 to be the same as level 1, but with 1,2,3... numbering.
Then set up level 9 to be your caption style with reference to level 8 for the first digit.

I could do it with styles, I am sure, but don't know how to translate that to the {inline} format that you use.

Ask a Question