formatting and some custom animation changeswhen inserting from one presentation to another onthe sa

D

Dupin

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power PC I'm a long time user of MS Office, heavy ppt user - since purchasing Office 2008, I cannot consistently insert slides from one presentation to another (on the same computer AND, from the same folder of ppt files) without loosing some formatting or custom animation. This issue can appear as font sizes becoming larger (or smaller) after the insert than the original slide, or custom animation that behaves differently AFTER the insert.

In searching the forums, while 'background' insert issues have been discussed (which is not the issue here), and similar issues as I'm describing (formatting/custom animation changes after inserting), these were primarily pertaining to working (inserting/pasting) across platforms, NOT from within the same computer ?

What has been recommended, I've tried:

1. Insert slides from other presentation
2. Keep design of original slide

Although the "background" will transfer correctly when checking #2, it does not preserve other formatting/custom animations.

There are no issues when running the slides from within the original presentation only AFTER they are inserted into another presentation.

NOTE: In the 2004 version (Mac), with two (or more) presentations open and selecting "Arrange all", the application would allow simple drag and drop(s) from one presentation to another and ALL formatting/custom animations were preserved, these are not preserved when performing the same task with the 2008 version.

Any additional recommendations would be appreciated - the amount of time spent manually reformatting is extremely time intensive when working with over 500 slides and regularly (daily) needing to insert from the 'master/original file' to another presentation.

D

Dupin

and an addendum to the original; it appears the culprit (formatting) has to do with changes in font style after inserting, e.g., in the original the font style is Times, but after insert it becomes Arial Bold [a larger font] - this definitely would explain why the formatting becomes inconsistent - now to figure out how to 'keep font style' the same from the original presentation to the insert in the other presentation?

D

Dupin

RESOLVED, I think - when opening a new (blank) presentation, apparently it is necessary to perform a "Replace font" action from the Format menu; in my case it's replacing "Arial Bold" with "Times" (even though on the original side, the font is 'times' and NOT "Arial bold". This appears to fix the problem described, but, still unclear why this would even be required when inserting the 'same' slide into another presentation, oh well ...

Ask a Question