Formatting issue in Word 2011

Reaction score
Someone please help!! I'm trying to make a document with a border around it but with a box at the top (inside the top border) that has text and a different background color than the rest of the document. If I add a border to the bottom of the "text" it doesn't stretch the line all the way across to reach the outside border lines. This also will not allow me to color the background of this 'box'.

Thank you!!

Here is an example of what I'm working with. I would like to have a box in this open space at the top (inside the border) that has a title and a red background. I can't get it to work with all of the lines lining up or the background color changing!

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 2.42.18 PM.png

Reaction score
Jamie, my approach to this problem would be to use a table, that way you can control exactly what goes where, and can shade and add borders as required (see attached image).

Russ
tables.png

Reaction score
I uploaded another image, but the first one is still there...here it is with an outside border also...

Attachments

• tables1.PNG
    tables1.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 438

Ask a Question