Formatting templates

Reaction score
I want to create a template whereby date on the top left is the date I created the document
and then another date on far right where date changes each time I open/edit it.
how do I do that?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Use a CREATEDATE field for the first date and a DATE field for the second one. See Insert | Quick Parts > Field : Date and Time

Reaction score
Use a CREATEDATE field for the first date and a DATE field for the second one. See Insert | Quick Parts > Field : Date and Time

not sure about these instructions. need more detail. cannot find insert:quick parts field:date and time

Reaction score

thnx i figured it out. at least I think it will work.
tho the cursor goes to begin of date of left side instead of
1 or 2 spaces down where I would begin my entry of data.
is there a way to make cursor set to where I want to begin entry??

Reaction score
I have done this and put the dates in header. but I dont what those dates to print when I send to others.
how can I turn that off&on

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
«Is there a way to make cursor set to where I want to begin entry??»
Position your insertion point where you want the field to go before you insert it ... Pretty basics, I would have thought.
« I dont what those dates to print when I send to others.
how can I turn that off&on»
You cannot. The most you can do - if you're sending printed pages - is to format them as hidden text and make sure Word is configured to not print hidden text.

Reaction score
«Is there a way to make cursor set to where I want to begin entry??»
Position your insertion point where you want the field to go before you insert it ... Pretty basics, I would have thought.
have got this sorted out. now to figure out how to turn print on and off for dates in headers

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
now to figure out how to turn print on and off for dates in headers
You can't. Word doesn't support such behaviour. As I said, the best you can do is to format the dates as hidden text, which you can configure Word to display but not print.

Ask a Question