Formula

L

Link

March 26, 2006 (H3)
The dots I put to keep the numbers in place.
.........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May June Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
(D8:O8)
begining bal(B9)...3(This is 3 carried from the previous year December)
Earned
(B10)........0.....0....1....0.....0.....0....1....0......0......0....1....0
(D10:O10}
Used(B11)............1.....0....0 (I stopped here, but it continued to Dec.
(D11:O11)
Balance(B12)........2.....2....3 (I calculate D9+D10-D11, each balance
carried over to the next month)
I need a formula that would calculate every year at the end of March If the
balance is over 1 as it is now it should automatically calculate as 1 (using
the date in H3 as reference) 1 and negative numbers are good.

D

David Biddulph

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

Why are you continually starting new threads? What is wrong with continuing
the thread from earlier and explaining why the answer you were given wasn't
satisfactory?

What was wrong with the answer you were given at the end of the thread at
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mi...ns/browse_thread/thread/b6405a2ed8a86e3e#?You didn't reply to that suggestion, did you?If you have now decided that instead of giving months "from July to June" asyou asked then, you now want to quote them as 3 letters you will have tochange the formula from =IF(TEXT($K3,"mmmm")=D8,...to =IF(TEXT($K3,"mmm")=D8,...If you are going to have a random mixture of 3 letter and longerabbreviations, you may want =IF(TEXT($K3,"mmm")=LEFT(D8,3),...You will also have to change the cell reference in the formula if you arenow putting your date in H3 instead of K3, and similarly if you are going tochange other cell references. Note also that if you are going to use a datein H3 or K3 and use that to affect your formula, you need to make sure thatit is entered as a real date, not as text. =ISTEXT() and =ISNUMBER() willhelp you to see what you've used.But if you keep starting new threads instead of referring to the existingthreads and replying to the suggestions you've already been given, thepeople who have been trying to help you are going to get fed up with you andwon't continue trying to help.--David Biddulph"Link" <[email protected]> wrote in messageMarch 26, 2006 (H3)> The dots I put to keep the numbers in place.> ........................Jan Feb Mar Apr May June Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec> (D8:O8)> begining bal(B9)...3(This is 3 carried from the previous year December)> Earned>(B10)........0.....0....1....0.....0.....0....1....0......0......0....1....0> (D10:O10}> Used(B11)............1.....0....0 (I stopped here, but it continued toDec.> (D11:O11)> Balance(B12)........2.....2....3 (I calculate D9+D10-D11, each balance> carried over to the next month)> I need a formula that would calculate every year at the end of March Ifthe> balance is over 1 as it is now it should automatically calculate as 1(using> the date in H3 as reference) 1 and negative numbers are good.

Ask a Question