Free/Busy Not Published for Entourage Users

S

smith456

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hello, All,

I've been wrestling with this issue since late last year where none of our Entourage 2004 users' free/busy information is published from Exchange 2003.

Up to late last year, Entourage users did not have a specific need to access public folders nor the free/busy server. All other Exchange data (email, LDAP, calendars, public folders, etc.) have always performed correctly. It's just now that we NEED Entourage users to use free/busy information, their free/busy info is not published.

Entourage users can see Outlook 2003 users' free/busy info (the only Outlook version we use is 2003) but Entourage users cannot see other Entourage users' free/busy information. Outlook 2003 users also cannot see Entourage users free/busy information.

I addressed this with Microsoft MacBU techs at Macworld SF 2008 and was told 'It works. Check your Entourage and Exchange configs. or upgrade to Exchange 2007.'

Well the Exchange 2007 upgrade won't happen anytime soon. We've been pouring over and tinkering with our configs and gleaning anything we can from other Exchange and Entourage support sites and still...no free/busy visible for Entourage clients.

Just for the record, the Entourage clients and Exchange 2003 server are fully patched. I'm hoping there are some users or mods here who can add some insight.

Thanks and kind regards to all.

Steven

Ask a Question