Generating a list of Conditional Formatting used in a workbook

J

julied

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has an easy way of generating a list of conditional formatting used in a workbook - sort of like what you see under the 'manage rules' option in 2010.

Cheers
Julie

L

lhkittle

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has an easy way of generating a list of conditional formatting used in a workbook - sort of like what you see under the 'manage rules' option in 2010.

Cheers

Julie

Hi Julie,

Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules (way at the bottom)

Does that do what you want?

Regards,
Howard

J

julied

Hi Howard

Sorry didn't explain myself very well. What I would like to do is generate the list so I print it.

Cheers
Julie

R

Ron Rosenfeld

Hi Howard

Sorry didn't explain myself very well. What I would like to do is generate the list so I print it.

Cheers
Julie

Since the rules can contain colored objects as well as formulas, it seems to me the easiest method woud be to capture the Manage window with the Snipping tool, and print that out as an image

J

julied

Hi Ron

Thanks for that - this is what we're currently doing but one of my colleagues wanted it so he could edit and notate it.

Cheers
Julie

R

Ron Rosenfeld

Hi Ron

Thanks for that - this is what we're currently doing but one of my colleagues wanted it so he could edit and notate it.

Cheers
Julie

I haven't tried this, but you could probably embed the picture in something like Word, or even in Excel, and then use the drawing tools and other text annotation methods.

Ask a Question