Get Save as values from multiple text boxes

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new on this forum and a complete beginner to VBA for word. ( I have a little experience of VBA for Excel.) So I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question!

I have a letter template which has a text box for the name/address, a date picker to choose the date and a text box for a reference. this is standard to all my documents. Is it possible to have a macro get data from these 3 areas and use it in the "save As" dialog box?

I do this in excel by putting the value from 3 separate cells into 1 naming that cell as the filename, however I can find no way to achieve this in word. I have tried the macro recorder but I cannot select any text that isn't on the main page while in recorder mode.
I realize 1 way would be to copy the relevant data to the first text line of the document and use the default save as settings but I would really like to have a save as button on my template so that anyone creating a document then saves it using the same criteria for generating the filename.

Once again my apologies if I'm asking the impossible or if this has already been covered. (I have searched)

Regards

Mick:confused:

Ask a Question