Gmail account doesn't show

W

wiggins

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi,
I have two e-mail accounts on Entourage - one is my university e-mail (my default) and the second is my personal gmail account. For the university e-mail, everything is nicely arranged and all the folders I had on that account came out exactly the same. On the other hand, the gmail account didn't show at all. I went into the gmail account settings and checked allow online access under the options tab. This made my account name appear under my default account in the menu in the left column. However there were no subfolders for my gmail account as there had been for my university account. How do I get the gmail account to display folders (like inbox, sent messages, etc.) as well?
In addition, in "on my computer" in the left column menu, I can see all my gmail messages. I have a long way to go before all the mail is completely downloaded. Am I right to assume that when everything has completely downloaded, all my mail from both my university account and my gmail account will be here?
Thanks,
Jonathan

A

Adam Bailey

Email Client: pop

Hi,
I have two e-mail accounts on Entourage - one is my university e-mail (my
default) and the second is my personal gmail account. For the university
e-mail, everything is nicely arranged and all the folders I had on that
account came out exactly the same. On the other hand, the gmail account
didn't show at all. I went into the gmail account settings and checked allow
online access under the options tab.

Rather than using Online Access on a POP account, you should add your
Gmail account as an IMAP account.

See <http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725>
and <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/accounts/gmail.html>.

Ask a Question