Groove cannot connect to provisioning server

• Thread starter Uglytroll's Computer Services
  • Start date
U

Uglytroll's Computer Services

Are you running NOD32 antivirus? A high percentage of users that run into this problem are running NOD32. For some reason NOD blocks various aspects of the scripts that Groove runs. My only other suggestions for those that are either running firewalls or routers, would be port forward in both your firewall and/or router. If you do not know how to do this, google search the term "[Your router model] port forward" or for firewalls, how to do it can be found searching the index of the help file under "Exclusions" or "Dedicated Port" some even have "Whitelist/Blacklist". Some anti-spyware applications that run resident scanners also block aspects of groove and need exclusion rules made. The last possible cause is if you are running a proxy. Again, in this instance... google is your friend.
Hope this helps you resolve your problems. I hate to admit it....but....it hurts to say.... Microsoft actually came up with a very versatile, powerful and easy to use networking/joint project tool that for what it offers, is not overly taxing on system resources. Some bits of the code could be optimized, but overall.... this program is fantastic with a capital "EFF". I always found microsoft's tools to be somewhat cumbersome, but this time I am wholly impressed.

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question