Handle Pop-Up While Navigating with IE

R

ron

I have a macro that 1) opens IE, 2) navigates to the Medicare website, 3) logs me in, 4) and then compares the claims listed on the website with thosealready in the workbook and alerts me to any differences. It is during the log-in step that I have a problem, so I've reproduced that portion of thecode below. As soon as the ".click" line is executed a pop-up window appears asking the user to click the "OK" button in order to proceed. Macro execution is suspended until I manually click the "OK" button on the pop-up. The source code behind the "www.mymedicare.gov" web page has information relative to the pop-up, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it so that I can programmatically click the pop-up "OK" button. Any help in terms of figuring out how to programmatically click the pop-up's "OK" buttonwould be much appreciated. BTW, for the purpose of this question, any id and pw can be inserted. If you handle the pop-up you'll be passed to a page that says something like incorrect id \ pw, and that would indicate that you've been successful in handling the pop-up...TIA, ron

Sub Medicare_Claims()'
' Update the status bar
Application.StatusBar = "Running the Medicare Claims subroutine"

' Open the "MyMedicare web page
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
With ie
.Visible = True
.Navigate "https://www.mymedicare.gov/"
End With

' Loop until the page is fully loaded
Do Until ie.ReadyState = 4 And Not ie.Busy
DoEvents
Loop

' Log-in
ie.Document.all.Item("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ctl00_HomePage_SWEUserName").Value = "abcde"

ie.Document.all.Item("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ctl00_HomePage_SWEPassword").Value = "12345"

ie.Document.getElementById("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ctl00_HomePage_SignIn").Click

' Loop until the page is fully loaded
Do Until ie.ReadyState = 4 And Not ie.Busy
DoEvents
Loop

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:15"))

' Navigate further to the Search Claims" web page
ie.Navigate "https://www.mymedicare.gov/searchclaims.aspx"

Ask a Question