Hanging indents

V

verso2

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Example: A slide uses a 2-line introduction. It is followed by a bulleted list.
The bulleted list 2d lines are not aligned with the beginning of the text on the 1st lines.

My problem is NOT with aligning the second line of bulleted lists. To do this, I adjust the left indent marker to align the bulleted text.

The problem is that this also moves the 2d line of the intro text, creating a hanging indent for what should be flush-left text. I've tried everything I can think of, but PPT seems to associate all text in this frame as the same kind/style/whatever, such that it seems to think that the intro text is just a bullet w/o the actual bullet.

Is there any fix for this problem?

C

CyberTaz

Consider it a bug. I had completely forgotten this one since it has been
fixed in 2008 & I rarely structure content that way in the first place. The
only suggestions I can offer are:

A- Use a separate text box positioned above the bulleted list, or

B- At the end of the first line of the introductory paragraph press return
in order to cause its 2nd line to be a separate paragraph.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

V

verso2

Bob,
Thanks for the response.

I'll be using option A. I've tried option B, and it doesn't work, though it does with similar sorts of problems in Word.

Pathetic that this bug was never fixed for years, until the release of Office 2008.

I

Iggles14

I'm using the latest version of PPT (12.2.1), and I still have this problem as well. However, it seems to be limited to certain fonts. It doesn't seem to be limited to a particular type of font. When it happens, I just choose a similar font.

C

CyberTaz

In 2008 click in the "title" paragraph then go to Format> Paragraph & set
the Indentation Before Text to 0, change Hanging to None... Or simply adjust
the lower indentation triangle on the Ruler.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question