Header R/L Margins Not Printing As Set

M

malckwan

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When I change the right and/or left margins in Excel, the changes are reflected on screen. But when I print or preview the document on screen, only the body of the document reflects the changed L & R margins, the header and footer still retains the default margin settings.

For example, I change the Right Margin to 0.45". I have a logo inserted as a picture on the right side of the Header (this problem happens with text as well).

The widths of the cells in the worksheet are adjusted so that the right edge of the right most cell is 0.75" from the right edge of the page. Basically, as if the body of the worksheet still has a right margin set at the default 0.75".

I did this because the logo graphic has a dangling superscript that I want to overhang the body of the worksheet. Think hanging punctuation in DTP/graphic design terms.

On screen, everything lines up perfectly as I intended. But when I print or preview to screen, the alignment is off. It appears as if the header and footer still retain the default right margin setting of 0.75" instead of the 0.45" that I've specified and that is shown on screen in the actual worksheet.

This is just the kind of sloppyness I'd expect in a Microsoft product. Trust Microsoft to break WYSIWYG.

Any advice or solutions?

Ask a Question