HELP! ERROR ViewDrop - The network path was not found

J

Jeff C

HELP!

I am unable to establish a connection between the project front end and application server's ViewDrop folder. Every time there's an update I receive the following error in Event Viewer for each of the files in the ViewDrop folder on the front end server (300+ warnings per event):

Component: Views Notification Service

File: C:\Office\devsp\project\pcportal\source\viewsnotify\ViewNotify.cpp

Line: 527

Description: <Description><![CDATA[Failed to forward "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\FED8DFDF-75AC-430B-A321-AF7433C627AF.xml" to "\\MYSERVER\Program Files\Microsoft Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP\FED8DFDF-75AC-430B-A321-AF7433C627AF.1". The network path was not found.

]]></Description>

I have already taken the steps outlined in Microsoft's Article ID 871219 and scoured through the installation document for guidance

The project server views notification service connects via AD user account that has access to all servers in the MSPS environment. This user has full permissions to the ViewDrop folder on both servers.

Any assistance would be truly appreciated.

THANKS!

Ask a Question