HELP! Trying to print on 6"x12" paper

L

LouAnn

I created a document, and want to print on custom size paper 6x12. I set the page size up, and also the margins. When I do a Print Preview, it looks perfect! But, no matter what i do it will not print correctly. First I get the error that the margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page....... I can't find help information on WHAT the printable area of the page is! When I say "Continue" to print anyway, the printed document is shifted way over to the right, and is not centered anymore. So, the right side of my text is cut off.

I have tried changing the print settings to custom size (6x12), not changing, scale to fit and not... it doesn't seem to matter what i do, the text prints exactly the same. PLEASE HELP!!! :)

L

LouAnn

I forgot to mention that I have XP and am printing to a HP Photosmart 7550.
I already checked the XP drivers as mentioned in earlier posts, but they are all for laser printers
Maybe I am just Out of Luck! :(

L

LouAnn

I just sent the doc to my other computer, which is attached to an HP OfficeJet R40 and it works FINE
So... for now I will just use that. Bummer, I really wanted to print on the 7550!

G

Graham Mayor

Word is a prisoner of Windows printer drivers and many of those are poor
with custom paper sizes. The best plan in such circumstances is to use the
next standard larger paper size and make up the difference with margins.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
E-mail (e-mail address removed)
Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

Ask a Question