Help with audio and large file size

T

thirteenluck

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have searched through the forum and still running into a wall. Note this my first time ever using power point.

Currently, I am taking an online course. We are required to complete a 10 minute power point with narration and then post it on the cyber blackboard.

1. My first problem occurred when attempting to record narration. I ran into the same problem that many others did. I went to insert, sound and music, then to record. My audio would cut of mid-way through.

I recorded my narration with garage band and shared it with itunes. I also made sure that I saved it in ilife. I made sure that each track was converted to WAV. I then imported each audio file to the matching slide. Audio plays fine on my computer, but no one else's.

2. The total power point file size is huge, 120 mbs compared to other students who posted their presentations that were between 3 mbs and 11 mbs. This thing is do tomorrow and I pulled an all-nighter last night and probably one tonight.

I would be indebted to someone that could help.

Steve

J

Jim_bob

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT POWER POINT BUT MP3 IS A SMALLER FILE SIZE THAN WAV. IVE JUST TRIED INSERTING AN MP3 AND IT WORKED FINE

D

David Marcovitz

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT POWER POINT BUT MP3 IS A SMALLER FILE SIZE THAN WAV.
IVE JUST TRIED INSERTING AN MP3 AND IT WORKED FINE

MP3 files will work fine as long as you don¹t have to send the files to
others. WAV files can be embedded in PowerPoint and be part of the file. MP3
files are always separate files that are are linked to from the PowerPoint.
--David
--
David M. Marcovitz
Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland

Ask a Question