Hi all need to know how-to make protectedareas within a document that won't change no matter what!

H

herojig

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

hi all, i am editing dozens of similar documents each week that all have a template like format but there is nothing to prevent me from messing it up while editing. for example, take this snippet:

<h2>EVOCOTIVE TITLE FOR YOUTUBE MOVIE USE KEY PHRASE ONCE</h2>

<center> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
<
>"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
<
>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center><br><br>

The area outside the <h2>...</h2> has to remain static, as well as spacing.

Inside the next tag i have to replace the URL with another, but none of the rest of the tag or spacing around tags can change.

How would I go about doing this? thanks a ton!!!
jigs

H

herojig

I think I see how this can be done in word 2007 but not 2007. 2007 has a protection scheme that is style based, so i could just create protected styles there. dont see anything like this on the mac side...ouch!

H

herojig

I think I see how this can be done in word 2007 but not mac 2008. 2007 has a protection scheme that is style based, so i could just create protected styles there. dont see anything like this on the mac side...ouch!

C

CyberTaz

Your major problem is that Word is in no way an appropriate HTML editor.
Secondly - but not by much - is that what you've explained as your need
simply isn't possible... If you change the amount of content between the
tags there is no way to prevent the remainder from reflowing. Even in the
most elaborate HTML editor there is nothing to prevent one from erring.

H

herojig

ha, i see your point, but i am not really editing html, i am trying to write. in other words, the tags never change, just the text does, for hundreds of these. if i could just lock them into position, i would be fine, but ur right, the nature of processors is that they flow stuff around. isn't there a way to create a form in word, enter the text with editing capabilities, and then spit out the html/text? I guess this would be best done with a web app eh? but then i just have to cut and paste the text into that...hmmmm....

Ask a Question