Hosted Exchange and Office 2008 Home and Student Edition

S

summerfrolics

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hi,
I run Hosted Exchange for my personal email. As part of the package, my hosting provider gave me a copy of Entourage, which has been working fine. Note that it is standard practice for Microsoft Hosting Partners to provide Outlook or Entourage client licenses with Hosted Exchange.

Now the problem...I've just tried to install Office for Mac on my machine and all went well until I tried using Entourage. Because I had installed the 'Home and Student' edition, I got a message saying that I could not use Exchange with that version and would have to upgrade.

As I don't use Office on this machine enough to justify buying the Standard or Media edition, I uninstalled Office using the 'Remove Office' feature and then reinstalled the version of Entourage from my hosting provider.

Sadly, going back to my original configuration hasn't worked. Somewhere deep in the bowels of my machine is a setting which tells it that I have Home and Student still installed. When I open Entourage it still has my Exchange settings in there and it tells me that I need to upgrade to use Exchange. So no email, contacts and calendar for me.

Any advice on how to do a clean wipe of Office? Or other suggestions?

This is REALLY frustrating.

D

Diane Ross

Install Standalone version of Entourage from Exchange Email Provider with
the Home & Student Version

<http://tinyurl.com/6fx99e>

AFAIK this still works. We haven't had many questions on this and so far all
the feedback on this method has been positive.

Ask a Question