How can I edit timephased data in Access?

D

Dustin Ventin

I am working for an employer on creating a VBA application in Microsoft Access that will alter the Microsoft Project tables. We're trying to create enhanced reporting and tracking capabilities by allowing users to alter some Project data in Access. Our needs are simple- we only need to edit the budget (baseline), cost, work, and actual cost fields for assignments, resources, and tasks.

HOWEVER...I have discovered that changes to the work fields (and such) that are made in Access are quickly thrown out in favor of the timephased data in the MSP_TIMEPHASED_DATA table. I have started working with simultaneously updating the data in both places, but no change I make in the TIMEPHASED_DATA table seems to work...Project always reverts back to the previous settings.

As you can understand, I would appreciate any thoughts, comments, or suggestions. Any help you could offer would be very...uh...helpful!

Dustin Ventin
(e-mail address removed)

M

Mike Glen

Hi Dustin,

Try posting on the developer newsgroup. Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project
Newsgroups. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information
can be seen at this web address: http://www.mvps.org/project/.

Mike Glen
Project MVP

Ask a Question