How do I recover a lost draft email message

M

monty4u1

I saved the draft over the course of a meeting 3 or 4 times and the
later for some reason Outlook exited because of error on another email
Now when I restart outlook the draft is gone?

I tried every possible solution.Went into the registry, temp, app data

How do I recover my draft message?

Thanks
Monty

M

Marshal Hubs

Hi Monty,
MS Outlook automatically store email message into draft folder. You can first go to the Deleted Items folder and search for your drafted email. In case if your draft mail is unavailable in the deleted folder then you can try to run the demo version of Stellar Phoenix Deleted Email Recovery Software and see the preview of recovered emails.

M

marshal_hubs

monty4u1;360110 said:
I saved the draft over the course of a meeting 3 or 4 times and the
later for some reason Outlook exited because of error on another email
Now when I restart outlook the draft is gone?

I tried every possible solution.Went into the registry, temp, app data

How do I recover my draft message?

Thanks
Monty.

Hi Monty,

I think your draft email messages is deleted when Outlook exited becaus
of error on another email. No worries! You can easily navigate t
Deleted Items folder and retrieve them back. But, if you hard delete
them using shift + delete combination, Hard deleted mails cannot b
recovered from the 'Deleted Items' folder

C

christa321

Hi,

Check your Deleted Items folder if you have not hard deleted your items
If you have hard deleted your emails, use some third party deleted emai
recovery tool. If you are using MS Exchange Server, you can ask you
server administrator for restoring your items from the retentio
period.

thanks
Christin

A

adomlinks

Hi Monty,

I think your draft email messages is deleted when Outlook exited because of error on another email. No worries! You can easily navigate to Deleted Items folder and retrieve them back. But, if you hard deleted them using shift + delete combination, Hard deleted mails cannot be recovered from the 'Deleted Items' folder.

Whenever the situation is this, you may prefer exchange server recovery application that is potent enough to do recovery of entire data including permanent deleted emails.

Take A Tour:
http://www.pcvita.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

M

mickestyer

If you are using Microsoft Outlook with POP3 account and hard deleted important data by the mistake then Recover Outlook is the best solution for you.After using this automated program you can repair corrupt PST files as well as recover permanently deleted items from all mailbox folders like (inbox, draft, outbox and deleted items etc.) . Apart from recovery software provide option to split large sized PST file according to your selected size.

App Overview: http://www.securasecurity.org/tag/outlookrecoverytool/

G

goverklark

You'd have to use a forensic type software like Outlook Recovery Toolbox that can read whatever remains of the 'deleted' items in the .pst file. If you're getting new email in though, you may be overwriting the disk space that the deleted items were in.

or perhaps this may work: http://www.outlookrecovery.oemailrecovery.com

1.First, immediately make a safety copy of your Outlook pst file, using windows explorer, not Outook's export feature. Ask if you don't know how do dothis.

2.There are several programs that are available as shareware but they cost $100 and up for the full versions. The cheap way to do this is to use Microsoft's scanpst program for corrupted PST files. The catch to this method isthat you have to damage the file slightly to get it to work. You can read all about it here.

Ask a Question