How do you add a live URL link to the body of an email?

S

Steve_Hardiman

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I format my emails as HTML, yet cannot paste a URL and turn it into a live link. It only pastes as plain text.

Also, is there a way to add a live URL link to the notes section of an Entourage Calendar event?

Thanks!

D

David_P

I've found that this is actually not always the case. Tested by sending an email from one of my accounts to another, both in Entourage. The URL does not arrive linked to the website. This happens automatically in Outlook Express for PC users. Strange it's a challenge with Entourage.

B

Barry Wainwright

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
Intel Email Client: pop I format my emails as HTML, yet cannot paste a
URL and turn it into a live link. It only pastes as plain text.

Also, is there a way to add a live URL link to the notes section of an
Entourage Calendar event?

Thanks!

Sorry, but this can't be done.

The creation of 'masked' links was deliberatley left out of enourage as
a security feature.

S

Steve_Hardiman

I've found that this is actually not always the case. Tested by sending an email from one of my accounts to another, both in Entourage. The URL does not arrive linked to the website. This happens automatically in Outlook Express for PC users. Strange it's a challenge with Entourage.

After working through some suggestions in this forum (thanks to all who contributed), I found a definite difference in the success of this based on the formatting of the link. What worked reliably for me was using a "fully qualified URL." For example, "www.google.com" did NOT work; however, "http://www.google.com/" did work reliably. (Note that the terminal "/" is part of what counts as a fully qualified URL, so probably best to include it.)

Ask a Question