how to convert or revert PDF back to PowerPoint

J

JanetHudgins

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC these are slides in PDF/Preview sent by my professor but I can't print them in a group, only one per page. If I could convert them to the original PP I would have this choice in Print. Is there a way to convert?

M

Mark

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC these are slides in PDF/Preview sent by my professor but I can't print them in a group, only one per page. If I could convert them to the original PP I would have this choice in Print. Is there a way to convert?

Not really, but why can't you just print the PDF with multiple pages
per sheet? Acrobat will allow you to do that (Not sure about Reader,
but I believe it does), as well as many printer drivers.

J

JanetHudgins

That's the problem--I don't have that choice in PDF or Adobe Reader. So I get one big image per sheet.

H

heartfixer

these are slides in PDF/Preview sent by my professor but I can't print them in a group, only one per page. If I could convert them to the original PP I would have this choice in Print. Is there a way to convert?

There are pdf to power point conversion programs available that are relatively cheap. Just search pdf to power point and see. What I do is open the pdf in the full version of adobe and export them as an image (choose jpeg) and then drag each jpeg into a new power point slide. You can't manipulate the image /slide but you then have a power point document that works just like a power point document-because it is a power point document.

M

Michel Bintener

That's the problem--I don't have that choice in PDF or Adobe Reader. So
I get one big image per sheet.

The option is there, but it is well hidden. Open the PDF in either
Preview or Adobe Reader, then click on File>Print. In the Print
dialogue, click on the dropdown button that says "Preview" (in Preview)
or "Copies and Pages" (in Adobe Reader) and select "Layout". This part
of the print dialogue allows you to print multiple PDF pages per sheet.

J

JanetHudgins

Good Morning all:

I found a way to do this. In my Preview there is nothing but "Last Used Settings." So I opened Word, went to Print and there I changed the setting to put 6 images on a page and to print on both sides. Clicked Print then cancelled, went back to Preview/PDF and the Last Settings was ready with what I needed.
Appreciate all your help. Many thanks
Janet

W

wryta

A bit late onto this thread, but thought I could clear up some confusion...
"In my Preview there is nothing but "Last Used Settings."

You are looking at the "Presets" - the "Preview" is a toggle a few lines lower down. It has all the settings options you need, so you don't need to jump in and out of Word.

Cheers.

Ask a Question