How to Import Blu-ray or General DVDs toFinal Cut Express for Editing on Mac?

B

benalen01

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to Import Blu-ray or General DVDs to Final Cut Express for Editing on Mac?

Final Cut Express is a non-linear video editing application created by Apple Inc. It is the consumer version of Final Cut Pro and is designed for advanced editing of digital video as well as high-definition video, which is used by lots of amateur and professional videographers.
importdvdtofce[1].jpg

Are you trying to make a video using scenes from your Blu-ray or general DVDs, and puzzled about importing them into a format that is workable to Final Cut Express? How to accomplish Blu-ray and DVD to Final Cut Express conversion? Is there any a professional software?

Here I will present the easiest, affordable way according to my own experience, to import Blu-ray or DVD to FCE in acceptable video formats: MOV (*.MOV), DV Format (*.DV) and MPEG-4 Movie (*.MP4).

First, free download a professional program like Moyea Blu-ray Ripper for Machttp://www.my-video-converter.com/blu_ray_ripper_mac/, install and run it.

Step 1: Locate your Blu-ray or DVD disk or files to this program.

Step 2: Select the output format like MOV from the profile drop-down list.

Step 3: Set the destination folder

Step 4: Convert

Hit the “Start” button to begin converting Blu-ray or DVD to MOV.
2009110601.jpg

Step 5: Import the generated files into Final Cut Express

When the whole conversion finished, open the destination folder and import them to Final Cut Express, then you could freely edit them in FCE with ease.

Tips: No matter the Blu-ray and DVD is protected or unprotected, Moyea Blu-ray Ripper for Mac can do the job perfectly. In addition, it can directly create a clone of your Blu-ray DVDs or general DVDs for backup.

Ask a Question