How to manipulate such Microsoft PowerPoint pop-ups as Font from the keyboard?

Reaction score
I'm in Microsoft PowerPoint. I hit Command-T to keyboard shortcut Format>Font. Now:

1) How do I move between "Font" and "Character Spacing" headings under "Font"?

* I know tab allows me to move through different elements on the page

2) Is there an alternative keyboard shortcut for using the arrows to move in the array of options for i.e. Latin text font box?

3) Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting/de-selecting radio buttons such as the 7 options under "Effects:"?

Also, take special note of my terminology. Was it good? I could use any improvement to sound more professional.

Reaction score
I'm in Microsoft PowerPoint. I hit Command-T to keyboard shortcut Format>Font. Now:

1) How do I move between "Font" and "Character Spacing" headings under "Font"?

* I know tab allows me to move through different elements on the page

2) Is there an alternative keyboard shortcut for using the arrows to move in the array of options for i.e. Latin text font box?

3) Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting/de-selecting radio buttons such as the 7 options under "Effects:"?

Also, take special note of my terminology. Was it good? I could use any improvement to sound more professional.

Hope this helps:
1) To move between tabs in the Font dialog popup box, you can do Control-Shift-Tab (I think its Command-Shift-Tab on a Mac?).

2) Not sure exactly what you're looking for here. The common keyboard shortcut to move within a list is to use the Up/Down arrows. You also can use the number keypad #8 to move up and #2 to move down through a list.

3) For selecting/de-selecting radio buttons using the keyboard, you can tab to the radio button field, then use the arrow keys to move to the option you wish to select, then tab to drop out or advance to the next control. The spacebar can also be used to "select" a radio button option but I have found it a bit tricky to use in the past. Also if you're using checkboxes for your selections, the arrow keys won't work. The spacebar is used to select/deselect checkbox options, and you use the tab to move focus to the next checkbox or shift-tab to go backwards.

Ask a Question