How to notify in Outlook without scheduling?

C

Cathy

We are looking to find ways to notify other people a meeting is taking place without scheduling it on their calendars. A Sample: The VP is in charge of a special project and needs to schedule a meeting with peers, but needs to have the Admins aware that this meeting is taking place. How do we schedule the meeting and make them aware without inviting them to the meeting on Outlook? Thank you in advance for your help.

D

Deirdre

I'd love to know a better way, but what I do is create the meeting and send invitations, then open the meeting and forward it to whomever I feel needs to know. They will then have the option to accept or decline, if they want it on their calendar for info purposes. btw, if the person you forward it to accepts, the organizer will get the response if one is sent. also, if the person you forward it to has a delegate with meeting permissions, the delegate will receive your message too along with any text you put in your forwarded message. This was an issue in my workplace recently when sensitive remarks were forwarded to my boss within the meeting format, so I saw them also. Had to inform people that sensitive stuff should be sent in regular emails. Of course you don't know if their delegates have inbox priviledges or not either.

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Schedule the meeting as usual, then use Forward as vCal/iCal to send a copy to the admins.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question