How to rank multiple columns by different contribution levels to rankin Excel?

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Sat, 30 Nov 2013 03:03:42 -0800 (PST) schrieb Vandandorj Sumiya:
I want to rank 6 rows of data using 10 columns, but each column has different contribution levels to rank it. It means 1st column is more important than 2nd and 2nd one is also important than 3rd column etc to rank.
Here is link to download my data

I don't understand how 0...0.5 could be more important as 0.5...1.0 or
how 0.5....1.0 is as important as 1.0....1.5
Set the contribution levels to a fix value and not a range.
Then you can calculate a weighted value over the 10 columns with
=SUMPRODUCT($B$2:$K$2*B3:K3) and copy down. Then rank this values

Regards
Claus B.

V

Vandandorj Sumiya

Dear All

I want to rank 6 rows of data using 10 columns, but each column has different contribution levels to rank it. It means 1st column is more important than 2nd and 2nd one is also important than 3rd column etc to rank.

Here is link to download my data

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7fkzhhs75firrr/Rank_multiple_column.xlsx

Please help me to rank it,

Thank you

Vandandorj

Thank you for your respond. The 2nd row means just name of that column. 1strow was indicating which column is more important(contribution level). It is just like this (I thought contribution level = 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>10 inmy file). it means column 1 is more important than column that named 2.

Is this function figure out 1 has smallest contribution level and 10 has highest contribution level to rank in my case? Then I have changed B1=1,C1=2, ..... k1=10 conversely B1=10, C1=9, ... K1=1
and
I have used your function like this, because 1st row was contribution leveland conversed 1st row
=SUMPRODUCT($B$1:$K$1*B3:K3)

Thank you again
Vandandorj

C

Claus Busch

Hi Vandandorj,

Am Sun, 1 Dec 2013 04:15:35 -0800 (PST) schrieb Vandandorj Sumiya:
Is this function figure out 1 has smallest contribution level and 10 has highest contribution level to rank in my case? Then I have changed B1=1,C1=2, ..... k1=10 conversely B1=10, C1=9, ... K1=1
and

you have to set the contribution level to the right relationship. In
your case now the values in column B seems to be 10 times more important
than the values in K

Regards
Claus B.

V

Vandandorj Sumiya

Dear Claus Busch

Thank you for your helpful respond. I have got a result what i want based on your answer.

Thank you again
Vandandorj

Ask a Question