How to uninstall American spelling in Outlook 2007

F

flemming.madsen

My outlook 2007 always switch back to American spelling from my
default UK setting. I don't seem to be able to prevent it.

Is there anyway I can uninstall the American spelling dictiorary from
all my Office 2007 applications in one go? I have no need for it and
it drives me nuts having to switch to UK all the time.

The default setting seems to work for about an hour or so, then it
switches back to US spelling again.

Thank you very much for any help.

Sincerely,
Flemming

T

Tom Jackson

Setting the NormalEmail.dotm and Normal.dotm to UK spelling will help in that this action does make it retain UK English spelling for new documents and emails. As far as I can tell there is however no way of completely uninstalling American spelling. This unfortunately means that any documents or emails originally created using US spelling will continue to ask you to spell irregular verbs like a 3 year old and use the letter Z in every other word.

Hope this helps.

T

Tom Jackson

Setting the NormalEmail.dotm and Normal.dotm to UK spelling will help in that this action does make it retain UK English spelling for new documents and emails. As far as I can tell there is however no way of completely uninstalling American spelling. This unfortunately means that any documents or emails originally created using US spelling will continue to ask you to spell irregular verbs like a 3 year old and use the letter Z in every other word.

Hope this helps.

T

Tom Jackson

Hope this helps.

V

Vote for Pedro

HoopleHead: Why are you responding to a post from 2007? Do you really thing
the OP is coming back after all these years? EggHead DeadHeads.

P

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Vote said:
HoopleHead: Why are you responding to a post from 2007? Do you really thing
the OP is coming back after all these years? EggHead DeadHeads.

HoopleHead: Could it be because it relates to Outlook 2007? EggHead
DeadHeads.

Ask a Question