html hyperlinks using sub address

T

the_iddiot

Hi

I have built a macro in Excel 2007 to go through a series of html pages on my network to find out all the links in a page

I am having a problem though I wish to create a hyperlink in an excel cell so that when a user clicks on the link it opens the page and I have mostly been successful with that
My problem is that when I have an internal link in a webpage that the link opens the webpage but doesn’t jump to the point of the internal link

The code I am using is
ActiveCell.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=TheCellWithTheLink Address:=TheWebPageForTheLink SubAddress:=The#ReferenceInTheLinkOnTheWebpage TextToDisplay:=TheLinkFromtheHTMLPage

I have also tested this by manually creating the hyperlink using the GUI dialog and selecting a bookmark but that also doesn’t work it only opens the webpage and does not jump down the page

My question is am I doing something wrong or is there something inherently wrong with the whole thing.

Regards
Kelvan

Ask a Question