I Can't Sync My Palm Treo With Entourage 2008???

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Try contacting Markspace and see if they are working on conduits. Or
better yet, perhaps Mactopia could start this.

As far as I know, MarkSpace turned exclusively on SyncService-based
syncing. No more Palm conduit.....

It works rather well for me, except that categories are simply not
supported by SYncServices and simply can't sync. I wish contact pictures
could sync too (and this is supported by SyncServices, so it seems to be
an Entourage limitation),

Corentin

M

Marty Mankins

I posted this elsewhere on this bulletin board, but just in case, here is how I solved the problem: I gave in and went back to Entourage 2004. ......
Bottom line: I wasted $150 and a whole weekend, to reach the point where I was Friday night. No --I am totally bitter at the whole experience. I don't know whether it's Microsoft's fault, or Apple's, or Palm's, but this is not pretty...

Thanks for the help and details, Glob. I'll be working on Entourage
2008 more when I get my own copy, but your experience is echoed by
others, including a company I do work for that went to Entourage 2008
and had to go back to 2004 for now.

As I've stated elsewhere on this board, I'm keeping my main system at
2004 and touching nothing. I have other systems I will be working
with to find some forward solution, but that won't be for some time.

In the meantime, I'm keeping up with the discussions out here in hopes
that someone else may find something or that Microsoft, Apple and/or
Palm will help with a solution.

- Marty

G

glvaughan

Global, I basically did the same thing. I'm now running Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2008, but reverted to Entourage 2004. Like you, it cost me a considerable amount of time and effort to deal with this mess. It's a shame that the best solution requires going backwards.

L

luckylou

I think what rags all of us and which is being somewhat buried by the valiant efforts to work around the problem is it's not like Microsoft is being asked to invent anything new or to develop for a foreign technology. We had the freaking Palm conduit that worked perfectly in Office 2004! Entourage hasn't changed that much, and God knows Palm's Mac software has hardly changed in ten years, so I am at a loss to see why Microsoft can't just do any minute updates required to its *existing code* to keep the Palm conduits functional.

I know they're always trying to push Windows Mobile and squash Palm so maybe they finally decided to not help Palm sales in this arena anymore.

Microsoft - in a world of easier interconnectivity, where accessibility is a lifeblood for applications, you are going the wrong direction. This is yet another reason why you are increasingly appearing so out of touch. Get it together!

O

Omke

I am at a loss to see why Microsoft can't just do any minute updates required
to its *existing code* to keep the Palm conduits functional.

I support this one fully!

The 190 euro's I spent on 2008 are a gift compared to the hours I wasted trying to sync my palm using iSync. Useless and irritating slow unreliable sync results.

I'm also back to 2004 and that is a pity. i did like the look and feel in entourage 2008 and My Day is fantastic in concept (it worked very slow on my MacPro 10.4.11).

All I can do now is hoping for an entourage version for an iPhone and trustable sync with 2008.

J

jdk4asu

Well, it has been a couple of months since anyone has posted anything regarding the synching of a Palm Treo and Entourage 2008. So I thought I would post and ask if anyone has heard anything more. I bought Office 2008 a couple of months back and have yet to be able to make time to even open the thing! I fear that I am out $150 since it looks like I cannot synchronize. Any ideas? I do have Mark/Space but it sounds like it will all be a pain. Please let me know!

L

luckylou

I haven't heard anything so far - not a good sign. I can sync my Treo with calendar and contacts since these things sync with Exchange server and my Treo can sync via ActiveSync to that server over the 3G wireless network, but tasks and notes are not coming over.

G

glvaughan

Same here. I've just put Office 2008 back on the shelf and am continuing to use Office 2004, which syncs just fine using Missing Sync and conduits. I'd love to hear that there is some progress on this issue. Very frustrating.

P

Per Rønne

Same here. I've just put Office 2008 back on the shelf and am continuing
to use Office 2004, which syncs just fine using Missing Sync and conduits.
I'd love to hear that there is some progress on this issue. Very
frustrating.
I've just dropped Entourage altogether. It doesn't support CalDAV which
means it doesn't work the way iCal and Mail works.

You cannot subscribe to published calenders from iCal or iCal Server [in
Leopard Server]. In fact, you cannot even use iCal Server as this is a
CalDAV server.

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/br
owse_thread/thread/bfd65802479c798c>

Furthermore, Entourage stores everything in one file which is very bad
when talking about backup. Mail stores every mail in one file, at it
seems as if Address Book works in the same way.

Ask a Question