I have a trial 2007 office and loaded 2003 office- how do I transf

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office Update' started by MOM, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. MOM

    MOM Guest

    I don't know too much about different versions of Office. I have a trial
    2007 office on my new PC which I have been using. It expired so I can no
    longer edit my documents. So I loaded a 2003 student and teacher version
    that I had thinking everything would automatically transfer over. Well it
    didn't and now I have both versions 2007 and 2003 loaded on my computer. I
    tried to transfer a documnet from the 2007 version to 2003 so I could edit it
    but it won't let me. Can someone please tell me what I need to do now?
    MOM, Jan 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. MOM

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    I would recommend that you uninstall both versions of Office and thed
    reinstall the 2003 version. You will also need the compatibility pack if you
    didn't save your documents in the older format.


    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    How to ask a question
    JoAnn Paules, Jan 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  3. MOM

    MOM Guest

    Thanks JoAnn,
    I didn't save my documents in an older format. What is the compatibility
    pack? I wish I would have just loaded the 2003 version in the beginning. I
    knew that the trial version would expire but I didn't realize it would lock
    up my documents. I just wanted to see what the 2007 version was like compared
    to the older versions I have used. Thanks for your help.

    MOM, Jan 13, 2008
  4. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the
    Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions
    of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007
    Office programs".
    garfield-n-odie [MVP], Jan 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.