Images display incorrectly as preview

T

tdi

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm experiencing a frustrating problem with images in MS Word. My colleague sends me Word documents images produced in Kaleidagraph that I think are .tiff or .png. On my screen, the image box size is correct, but the image itself appears as a tiny preview-sized low-resolution reproduction in the upper-left corner of the box. The same thing happens if I try to print or save as a PDF. If I right-click the image, Word refers to it as an "unknown object".
I have no trouble with images (jpg png tif) produced in other applications, and a different colleague using Word 2008 for Mac can display the problem images on-screen with no difficulty. My version of Word is 12.2.4, his is 12.0.0. We both run up-to-date Snow Leopard.
Is there some missing or corrupted image-conversion toolbox?
Here's the clincher. Quick Look form the Finder displays the problem images correctly.
Can anyone help?

Ask a Question