IMAP-Folders aren't showing unread mail, even though it's in there

W

watamix

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I have been using Entourage for quite a long time now, and have a good grasp on how to make and use rules.
Until recently, all my many email addresses were POP, hosted by GoDaddy on my website's server.
I just changed one of my email addresses to an IMAP account so that I can be in sync between my computer and my iPhone.
Of course I wrote a few basic rules, and they're SORT OF working...
My rules all apply to moving incoming emails to certain folders.
If an email that meets the criteria of a rule is received, it IS moved to that folder, but there is no indication that there is an unread email in that folder, UNLESS I select that folder in Entourage.
In fact, if I look at my webmail after Entourage executes the rule, the unread email is moved to the appropriate folder, and the number of unread emails is increased for that folder in webmail.
But not in Entourage. Not until I SELECT the folder with the unread mail in it, does that folder's name become bold text and show the number of unread emails.
I even tried disabling all my rules and writing a few "filters" on the webmail site, but this resulted in pretty much the same behavior... emails would move to the correct folder, the number would increase on the webmail page, but Entourage still wouldn't tell me that there were unread emails in those folders.
I have spent at least an hour or two on the phone with GoDaddy's excellent customer support people, but they weren't able to figure out why this is happening.
On their suggestion, I went to the Microsoft store yesterday, in hopes that they could show me what I was doing wrong, but they were pretty much stumped.

If anyone has experienced this type of behavior and knows how to get it to stop, I sure would appreciate it!

For some reason, I have a feeling this has something to do with SUBSCRIBING my folders, but I can't quite understand the method for doing so...

I have spent wayyyy too much time on this darn IMAP email lately, trying to figure out what's up with Entourage not quite being able to show me where my unread emails are.

Thanks!!!

Ken Newman
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question