Importing EPS file into Word 2007

Discussion in 'Word Graphics' started by Rich Quist, Dec 10, 2008.

  1. Rich Quist

    Rich Quist Guest

    The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.

    The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    print the picture at all.

    I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?

    Thanks in advance.
     
    Rich Quist, Dec 10, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Rich Quist

    Rich Quist Guest

    Rich Quist wrote:
    > The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been
    > updated from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the
    > content of some encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >
    > The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert
    > tab, click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line
    > on the left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003
    > or in other postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen
    > instances where the printed page just displays a message indicating a
    > syntax error and doesn't print the picture at all.
    >
    > I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to
    > find anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this
    > and/or know if there are any options available to control how the .eps
    > files are imported?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >


    I'd still appreciate hearing suggestions on this.

    Thanks
     
    Rich Quist, Dec 23, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Hi Rich,

    With the EPS file you posted I get the same gap in both Word 2003 and Word 2007 when using Insert=>Picture, but not in other
    viewers, such as http://irfanview.com There can be variations based on which EPSImp32.FLT Office Graphic Filter version is in use.
    With the filter Word generally does not use a preview picture (if any) stored in the EPS file, but renders from its own. I didn't
    see anything on a quick look at the Postscript code of the MatLab generated graph.

    Do you also get the gap when printing?


    ============
    <<"Rich Quist" <> wrote in message news:...
    The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.

    The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    print the picture at all.

    I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?

    Thanks in advance.>>
    --

    Bob Buckland ?:)
    MS Office System Products MVP

    *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*
     
    Bob Buckland ?:-\), Dec 30, 2008
    #3
  4. Rich Quist

    Rich Quist Guest

    Bob Buckland ?:) wrote:
    > Hi Rich,
    >
    > With the EPS file you posted I get the same gap in both Word 2003 and Word 2007 when using Insert=>Picture, but not in other
    > viewers, such as http://irfanview.com There can be variations based on which EPSImp32.FLT Office Graphic Filter version is in use.
    > With the filter Word generally does not use a preview picture (if any) stored in the EPS file, but renders from its own. I didn't
    > see anything on a quick look at the Postscript code of the MatLab generated graph.
    >
    > Do you also get the gap when printing?
    >
    >
    > ============
    > <<"Rich Quist" <> wrote in message news:...
    > The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    > from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    > encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >
    > The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    > click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    > left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    > postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    > printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    > print the picture at all.
    >
    > I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    > anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    > there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.>>


    Bob,

    Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

    I do get the gap when printing from MS Word, but not when printing from other
    apps (ghostview, Adobe Illustrator)

    I searched my hard drive and found the graphics filters in C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT. The eps filter is dated
    08/23/2007 and the version properties tab shows (among other properties)
    File Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    Product Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    Product Name: 2007 Microsoft Office System
    That appears to be the latest one that Office ships with


    Rich
     
    Rich Quist, Dec 30, 2008
    #4
  5. Re: Bob Buckland ?

    I've found the workaround.

    I have 2003 Office
    There is a file which is responsible for filtering EPS while inserting it into Word document:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\GRPHFLT\EPSIMP32.FLT

    The version I had was dated to ?2003? .

    I've replaced it with another version dated 2007 and I can see all imported EPS images now!

    Here is a link to this(working) filter on my DropBox
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1857399/EPSIMP32.FLT

    > On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:26 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    > --------------000601030609050504070106
    > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
    > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    >
    > The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    > from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    > encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >
    > The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    > click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    > left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    > postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    > printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    > print the picture at all.
    >
    > I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    > anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    > there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    > --------------000601030609050504070106
    > Content-Type: application/postscript;
    > name="gaptest.eps"
    > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    > Content-Disposition: inline;
    > filename="gaptest.eps"
    >
    > %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
    > %%Creator: MATLAB, The Mathworks, Inc. Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a). Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP.
    > %%Title: T:\1-8DHZY0\myplot.eps
    > %%CreationDate: 11/10/2008 13:55:25
    > %%DocumentNeededFonts: Helvetica
    > %%DocumentProcessColors: Cyan Magenta Yellow Black
    > %%LanguageLevel: 2
    > %%Pages: 1
    > %%BoundingBox: 96 238 515 553
    > %%EndComments
    >
    > %%BeginProlog
    > % MathWorks dictionary
    > /MathWorks 160 dict begin
    > % definition operators
    > /bdef {bind def} bind def
    > /ldef {load def} bind def
    > /xdef {exch def} bdef
    > /xstore {exch store} bdef
    > % operator abbreviations
    > /c /clip ldef
    > /cc /concat ldef
    > /cp /closepath ldef
    > /gr /grestore ldef
    > /gs /gsave ldef
    > /mt /moveto ldef
    > /np /newpath ldef
    > /cm /currentmatrix ldef
    > /sm /setmatrix ldef
    > /rm /rmoveto ldef
    > /rl /rlineto ldef
    > /s {show newpath} bdef
    > /sc {setcmykcolor} bdef
    > /sr /setrgbcolor ldef
    > /sg /setgray ldef
    > /w /setlinewidth ldef
    > /j /setlinejoin ldef
    > /cap /setlinecap ldef
    > /rc {rectclip} bdef
    > /rf {rectfill} bdef
    > % page state control
    > /pgsv () def
    > /bpage {/pgsv save def} bdef
    > /epage {pgsv restore} bdef
    > /bplot /gsave ldef
    > /eplot {stroke grestore} bdef
    > % orientation switch
    > /portraitMode 0 def /landscapeMode 1 def /rotateMode 2 def
    > % coordinate system mappings
    > /dpi2point 0 def
    > % font control
    > /FontSize 0 def
    > /FMS {/FontSize xstore findfont [FontSize 0 0 FontSize neg 0 0]
    > makefont setfont} bdef
    > /ISOLatin1Encoding where {pop /WindowsLatin1Encoding 256 array bdef
    > ISOLatin1Encoding WindowsLatin1Encoding copy pop
    > /.notdef/.notdef/quotesinglbase/florin/quotedblbase/ellipsis/dagger
    > /daggerdbl/circumflex/perthousand/Scaron/guilsinglleft/OE/.notdef/.notdef
    > /.notdef/.notdef/quoteleft/quoteright/quotedblleft/quotedblright/bullet
    > /endash/emdash/tilde/trademark/scaron/guilsinglright/oe/.notdef/.notdef
    > /Ydieresis WindowsLatin1Encoding 128 32 getinterval astore pop}
    > {/WindowsLatin1Encoding StandardEncoding bdef} ifelse
    > /reencode {exch dup where {pop load} {pop StandardEncoding} ifelse
    > exch dup 3 1 roll findfont dup length dict begin
    > { 1 index /FID ne {def}{pop pop} ifelse } forall
    > /Encoding exch def currentdict end definefont pop} bdef
    > /isroman {findfont /CharStrings get /Agrave known} bdef
    > /FMSR {3 1 roll 1 index dup isroman {reencode} {pop pop} ifelse
    > exch FMS} bdef
    > /csm {1 dpi2point div -1 dpi2point div scale neg translate
    > dup landscapeMode eq {pop -90 rotate}
    > {rotateMode eq {90 rotate} if} ifelse} bdef
    > % line types: solid, dotted, dashed, dotdash
    > /SO { [] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DO { [.5 dpi2point mul 4 dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DA { [6 dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DD { [.5 dpi2point mul 4 dpi2point mul 6 dpi2point mul 4
    > dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > % macros for lines and objects
    > /L {lineto stroke} bdef
    > /MP {3 1 roll moveto 1 sub {rlineto} repeat} bdef
    > /AP {{rlineto} repeat} bdef
    > /PDlw -1 def
    > /W {/PDlw currentlinewidth def setlinewidth} def
    > /PP {closepath eofill} bdef
    > /DP {closepath stroke} bdef
    > /MR {4 -2 roll moveto dup 0 exch rlineto exch 0 rlineto
    > neg 0 exch rlineto closepath} bdef
    > /FR {MR stroke} bdef
    > /PR {MR fill} bdef
    > /L1i {{currentfile picstr readhexstring pop} image} bdef
    > /tMatrix matrix def
    > /MakeOval {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 0 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix} bdef
    > /FO {MakeOval stroke} bdef
    > /PO {MakeOval fill} bdef
    > /PD {currentlinewidth 2 div 0 360 arc fill
    > PDlw -1 eq not {PDlw w /PDlw -1 def} if} def
    > /FA {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arc tMatrix setmatrix stroke} bdef
    > /PA {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate 0 0 moveto scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arc closepath tMatrix setmatrix fill} bdef
    > /FAn {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arcn tMatrix setmatrix stroke} bdef
    > /PAn {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate 0 0 moveto scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arcn closepath tMatrix setmatrix fill} bdef
    > /vradius 0 def /hradius 0 def /lry 0 def
    > /lrx 0 def /uly 0 def /ulx 0 def /rad 0 def
    > /MRR {/vradius xdef /hradius xdef /lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef
    > /ulx xdef newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx hradius add uly
    > vradius add translate hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 180 270 arc
    > tMatrix setmatrix lrx hradius sub uly vradius add translate
    > hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 270 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > lrx hradius sub lry vradius sub translate hradius vradius scale
    > 0 0 1 0 90 arc tMatrix setmatrix ulx hradius add lry vradius sub
    > translate hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 90 180 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FRR {MRR stroke } bdef
    > /PRR {MRR fill } bdef
    > /MlrRR {/lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef /ulx xdef /rad lry uly sub 2 div def
    > newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx rad add uly rad add translate
    > rad rad scale 0 0 1 90 270 arc tMatrix setmatrix lrx rad sub lry rad
    > sub translate rad rad scale 0 0 1 270 90 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FlrRR {MlrRR stroke } bdef
    > /PlrRR {MlrRR fill } bdef
    > /MtbRR {/lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef /ulx xdef /rad lrx ulx sub 2 div def
    > newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx rad add uly rad add translate
    > rad rad scale 0 0 1 180 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix lrx rad sub lry rad
    > sub translate rad rad scale 0 0 1 0 180 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FtbRR {MtbRR stroke } bdef
    > /PtbRR {MtbRR fill } bdef
    > /stri 6 array def /dtri 6 array def
    > /smat 6 array def /dmat 6 array def
    > /tmat1 6 array def /tmat2 6 array def /dif 3 array def
    > /asub {/ind2 exch def /ind1 exch def dup dup
    > ind1 get exch ind2 get sub exch } bdef
    > /tri_to_matrix {
    > 2 0 asub 3 1 asub 4 0 asub 5 1 asub
    > dup 0 get exch 1 get 7 -1 roll astore } bdef
    > /compute_transform {
    > dmat dtri tri_to_matrix tmat1 invertmatrix
    > smat stri tri_to_matrix tmat2 concatmatrix } bdef
    > /ds {stri astore pop} bdef
    > /dt {dtri astore pop} bdef
    > /db {2 copy /cols xdef /rows xdef mul dup 3 mul string
    > currentfile
    > 3 index 0 eq {/ASCIIHexDecode filter}
    > {/ASCII85Decode filter 3 index 2 eq {/RunLengthDecode filter} if }
    > ifelse exch readstring pop
    > dup 0 3 index getinterval /rbmap xdef
    > dup 2 index dup getinterval /gbmap xdef
    > 1 index dup 2 mul exch getinterval /bbmap xdef pop pop}bdef
    > /it {gs np dtri aload pop moveto lineto lineto cp c
    > cols rows 8 compute_transform
    > rbmap gbmap bbmap true 3 colorimage gr}bdef
    > /il {newpath moveto lineto stroke}bdef
    > currentdict end def
    > %%EndProlog
    >
    > %%BeginSetup
    > MathWorks begin
    >
    > 0 cap
    >
    > end
    > %%EndSetup
    >
    > %%Page: 1 1
    > %%BeginPageSetup
    > %%PageBoundingBox: 96 238 515 553
    > MathWorks begin
    > bpage
    > %%EndPageSetup
    >
    > %%BeginObject: obj1
    > bplot
    >
    > /dpi2point 12 def
    > portraitMode 1152 6636 csm
    >
    > 0 0 5039 3780 rc
    > 85 dict begin %Colortable dictionary
    > /c0 { 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c1 { 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c2 { 0.900000 0.000000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c3 { 0.000000 0.820000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c4 { 0.000000 0.000000 0.800000 sr} bdef
    > /c5 { 0.910000 0.820000 0.320000 sr} bdef
    > /c6 { 1.000000 0.260000 0.820000 sr} bdef
    > /c7 { 0.000000 0.820000 0.820000 sr} bdef
    > c0
    > 1 j
    > 1 sg
    > 0 0 5040 3781 rf
    > 6 w
    > 0 3082 3905 0 0 -3082 655 3364 4 MP
    > PP
    > -3905 0 0 3082 3905 0 0 -3082 655 3364 5 MP stroke
    > 4 w
    > DO
    > SO
    > 6 w
    > 0 sg
    > 655 282 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 3324 L
    > 655 282 mt 655 322 L
    > %%IncludeResource: font Helvetica
    > /Helvetica /WindowsLatin1Encoding 120 FMSR
    >
    > 622 3509 mt
    > (0) s
    > 1436 3364 mt 1436 3324 L
    > 1436 282 mt 1436 322 L
    > 1353 3509 mt
    > (0.2) s
    > 2217 3364 mt 2217 3324 L
    > 2217 282 mt 2217 322 L
    > 2134 3509 mt
    > (0.4) s
    > 2998 3364 mt 2998 3324 L
    > 2998 282 mt 2998 322 L
    > 2915 3509 mt
    > (0.6) s
    > 3779 3364 mt 3779 3324 L
    > 3779 282 mt 3779 322 L
    > 3696 3509 mt
    > (0.8) s
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 3324 L
    > 4560 282 mt 4560 322 L
    > 4527 3509 mt
    > (1) s
    > 655 3364 mt 694 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4520 3364 L
    > 384 3408 mt
    > (-0.8) s
    > 655 3021 mt 694 3021 L
    > 4560 3021 mt 4520 3021 L
    > 384 3065 mt
    > (-0.6) s
    > 655 2679 mt 694 2679 L
    > 4560 2679 mt 4520 2679 L
    > 384 2723 mt
    > (-0.4) s
    > 655 2337 mt 694 2337 L
    > 4560 2337 mt 4520 2337 L
    > 384 2381 mt
    > (-0.2) s
    > 655 1994 mt 694 1994 L
    > 4560 1994 mt 4520 1994 L
    > 554 2038 mt
    > (0) s
    > 655 1652 mt 694 1652 L
    > 4560 1652 mt 4520 1652 L
    > 454 1696 mt
    > (0.2) s
    > 655 1309 mt 694 1309 L
    > 4560 1309 mt 4520 1309 L
    > 454 1353 mt
    > (0.4) s
    > 655 967 mt 694 967 L
    > 4560 967 mt 4520 967 L
    > 454 1011 mt
    > (0.6) s
    > 655 625 mt 694 625 L
    > 4560 625 mt 4520 625 L
    > 454 669 mt
    > (0.8) s
    > 655 282 mt 694 282 L
    > 4560 282 mt 4520 282 L
    > 554 326 mt
    > (1) s
    > 655 282 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > gs 655 283 3906 3082 rc
    > /c8 { 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 sr} bdef
    > c8
    > 4 14 3 15 4 15 4 15 4 15 4 16 4 17 4 16
    > 4 17 4 17 4 17 4 18 3 18 4 18 4 18 4 19
    > 4 19 4 19 4 19 4 19 4 20 4 20 4 19 3 20
    > 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20
    > 4 21 3 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20
    > 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 19 3 20 4 20 4 19 4 19
    > 4 20 4 18 4 19 4 18 4 19 4 18 3 17 4 17
    > 4 18 4 16 4 17 4 16 4 16 4 15 4 15 4 15
    > 4 14 3 14 4 13 4 13 4 13 4 12 4 12 4 11
    > 4 11 4 11 4 9 3 10 4 9 4 8 4 8 4 7
    > 4 7 4 6 4 6 4 5 4 5 4 4 3 4 4 3
    > 4 2 4 2 4 1 4 1 4 0 4 -1 4 -1 4 -1
    > 3 -3 4 -2 4 -4 4 -4 4 -5 4 -5 4 -6 4 -6
    > 4 -7 4 -7 4 -9 3 -8 4 -10 4 -10 4 -10 4 -11
    > 4 -12 4 -12 4 -12 4 -14 4 -13 3 -15 4 -14 4 -16
    > 4 -16 4 -16 4 -17 4 -17 4 -18 4 -18 4 -19 4 -19
    > 3 -19 4 -20 4 -21 4 -21 4 -21 4 -21 4 -22 4 -23
    > 4 -22 4 -23 3 -24 4 -23 4 -24 4 -24 4 -24 4 -25
    > 4 -25 4 -25 4 -25 4 -26 4 -25 3 -26 4 -26 4 -26
    > 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 3 -27
    > 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26
    > 4 -25 4 -26 3 -25 4 -25 4 -24 4 -25 4 -24 4 -24
    > 4 -24 4 -23 4 -23 4 -23 3 -22 4 -22 4 -21 4 -21
    > 4 -21 4 -20 4 -20 4 -19 4 -19 4 -19 4 -17 3 -18
    > 4 -17 4 -16 4 -15 4 -15 4 -15 4 -14 4 -13 4 -13
    > 4 -12 3 -11 4 -11 4 -10 4 -10 4 -8 4 -9 4 -7
    > 4 -7 4 -6 4 -5 4 -4 3 -4 4 -3 4 -3 4 -1
    > 4 -1 4 0 4 0 4 2 4 2 4 3 4 3 3 5
    > 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 7 4 8 4 9 4 10 4 10
    > 4 12 3 12 4 12 4 14 4 14 4 15 4 15 4 17
    > 4 16 4 18 4 18 4 19 3 20 4 20 4 21 4 22
    > 4 22 4 23 4 23 4 25 4 24 4 25 3 26 4 26
    > 4 27 4 27 4 28 4 28 4 29 4 29 4 29 4 30
    > 4 30 3 31 4 31 4 31 4 32 4 32 4 32 4 32
    > 4 33 4 33 4 33 3 33 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 34
    > 4 34 4 34 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 34 3 34 4 34
    > 4 33 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 33 4 32 4 33 4 32
    > 3 32 4 32 4 31 1057 1263 300 MP stroke
    > 4 31 4 31 4 31 4 29 4 30 4 29 4 29 4 28
    > 3 27 4 28 4 26 4 26 4 25 4 25 4 24 4 24
    > 4 23 4 22 3 22 4 20 4 21 4 19 4 19 4 17
    > 4 18 4 16 4 15 4 15 4 14 3 13 4 12 4 11
    > 4 11 4 9 4 9 4 7 4 7 4 6 4 5 3 4
    > 4 3 4 2 4 1 4 0 4 -1 4 -1 4 -3 4 -4
    > 4 -5 4 -5 3 -7 4 -8 4 -8 4 -10 4 -10 4 -12
    > 4 -12 4 -14 4 -14 4 -15 3 -17 4 -17 4 -18 4 -19
    > 4 -20 4 -21 4 -22 4 -22 4 -24 4 -24 4 -26 3 -26
    > 4 -27 4 -27 4 -29 4 -29 4 -30 4 -31 4 -32 4 -32
    > 4 -33 3 -34 4 -34 4 -35 4 -35 4 -37 4 -36 4 -38
    > 4 -38 4 -38 4 -39 4 -39 3 -40 4 -40 4 -41 4 -41
    > 4 -41 4 -42 4 -42 4 -42 4 -43 4 -42 3 -43 655 1994 104 MP stroke
    > gr
    >
    > c8
    >
    > end %%Color Dict
    >
    > eplot
    > %%EndObject
    >
    > epage
    > end
    >
    > showpage
    >
    > %%Trailer
    > %%EOF
    >
    >
    > --------------000601030609050504070106--



    >> On Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:09 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    >> Rich Quist wrote:
    >>
    >> I'd still appreciate hearing suggestions on this.
    >>
    >> Thanks



    >>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:26 AM Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:


    >>> Hi Rich,
    >>>
    >>> With the EPS file you posted I get the same gap in both Word 2003 and Word 2007 when using Insert=>Picture, but not in other
    >>> viewers, such as http://irfanview.com There can be variations based on which EPSImp32.FLT Office Graphic Filter version is in use.
    >>> With the filter Word generally does not use a preview picture (if any) stored in the EPS file, but renders from its own. I didn't
    >>> see anything on a quick look at the Postscript code of the MatLab generated graph.
    >>>
    >>> Do you also get the gap when printing?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ============
    >>> <<"Rich Quist" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    >>> from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    >>> encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >>>
    >>> The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    >>> click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    >>> left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    >>> postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    >>> printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    >>> print the picture at all.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    >>> anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    >>> there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Bob Buckland ?:)
    >>> MS Office System Products MVP
    >>>
    >>> *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*



    >>>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:57 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    >>>> Bob Buckland ?:) wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Bob,
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
    >>>>
    >>>> I do get the gap when printing from MS Word, but not when printing from other
    >>>> apps (ghostview, Adobe Illustrator)
    >>>>
    >>>> I searched my hard drive and found the graphics filters in C:\Program
    >>>> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT. The eps filter is dated
    >>>> 08/23/2007 and the version properties tab shows (among other properties)
    >>>> File Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    >>>> Product Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    >>>> Product Name: 2007 Microsoft Office System
    >>>> That appears to be the latest one that Office ships with
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Rich



    >>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
    >>>> SQL Server USING SET STATISTICS IO and SET STATISTICS TIME – how to read results
    >>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...set-statistics-time--how-to-read-results.aspx
     
    Yaroslav Fedorina, Mar 17, 2011
    #5
  6. Re: Bob Buckland ?

    I've found the workaround.

    I have 2003 Office
    There is a file which is responsible for filtering EPS while inserting it into Word document:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\GRPHFLT\EPSIMP32.FLT

    The version I had was dated to ?2003? .

    I've replaced it with another version dated 2007 and I can see all imported EPS images now!

    Here is a link to this(working) filter on my DropBox
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1857399/EPSIMP32.FLT

    > On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:26 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    > --------------000601030609050504070106
    > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
    > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    >
    > The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    > from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    > encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >
    > The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    > click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    > left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    > postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    > printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    > print the picture at all.
    >
    > I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    > anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    > there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    >
    > --------------000601030609050504070106
    > Content-Type: application/postscript;
    > name="gaptest.eps"
    > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    > Content-Disposition: inline;
    > filename="gaptest.eps"
    >
    > %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
    > %%Creator: MATLAB, The Mathworks, Inc. Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a). Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP.
    > %%Title: T:\1-8DHZY0\myplot.eps
    > %%CreationDate: 11/10/2008 13:55:25
    > %%DocumentNeededFonts: Helvetica
    > %%DocumentProcessColors: Cyan Magenta Yellow Black
    > %%LanguageLevel: 2
    > %%Pages: 1
    > %%BoundingBox: 96 238 515 553
    > %%EndComments
    >
    > %%BeginProlog
    > % MathWorks dictionary
    > /MathWorks 160 dict begin
    > % definition operators
    > /bdef {bind def} bind def
    > /ldef {load def} bind def
    > /xdef {exch def} bdef
    > /xstore {exch store} bdef
    > % operator abbreviations
    > /c /clip ldef
    > /cc /concat ldef
    > /cp /closepath ldef
    > /gr /grestore ldef
    > /gs /gsave ldef
    > /mt /moveto ldef
    > /np /newpath ldef
    > /cm /currentmatrix ldef
    > /sm /setmatrix ldef
    > /rm /rmoveto ldef
    > /rl /rlineto ldef
    > /s {show newpath} bdef
    > /sc {setcmykcolor} bdef
    > /sr /setrgbcolor ldef
    > /sg /setgray ldef
    > /w /setlinewidth ldef
    > /j /setlinejoin ldef
    > /cap /setlinecap ldef
    > /rc {rectclip} bdef
    > /rf {rectfill} bdef
    > % page state control
    > /pgsv () def
    > /bpage {/pgsv save def} bdef
    > /epage {pgsv restore} bdef
    > /bplot /gsave ldef
    > /eplot {stroke grestore} bdef
    > % orientation switch
    > /portraitMode 0 def /landscapeMode 1 def /rotateMode 2 def
    > % coordinate system mappings
    > /dpi2point 0 def
    > % font control
    > /FontSize 0 def
    > /FMS {/FontSize xstore findfont [FontSize 0 0 FontSize neg 0 0]
    > makefont setfont} bdef
    > /ISOLatin1Encoding where {pop /WindowsLatin1Encoding 256 array bdef
    > ISOLatin1Encoding WindowsLatin1Encoding copy pop
    > /.notdef/.notdef/quotesinglbase/florin/quotedblbase/ellipsis/dagger
    > /daggerdbl/circumflex/perthousand/Scaron/guilsinglleft/OE/.notdef/.notdef
    > /.notdef/.notdef/quoteleft/quoteright/quotedblleft/quotedblright/bullet
    > /endash/emdash/tilde/trademark/scaron/guilsinglright/oe/.notdef/.notdef
    > /Ydieresis WindowsLatin1Encoding 128 32 getinterval astore pop}
    > {/WindowsLatin1Encoding StandardEncoding bdef} ifelse
    > /reencode {exch dup where {pop load} {pop StandardEncoding} ifelse
    > exch dup 3 1 roll findfont dup length dict begin
    > { 1 index /FID ne {def}{pop pop} ifelse } forall
    > /Encoding exch def currentdict end definefont pop} bdef
    > /isroman {findfont /CharStrings get /Agrave known} bdef
    > /FMSR {3 1 roll 1 index dup isroman {reencode} {pop pop} ifelse
    > exch FMS} bdef
    > /csm {1 dpi2point div -1 dpi2point div scale neg translate
    > dup landscapeMode eq {pop -90 rotate}
    > {rotateMode eq {90 rotate} if} ifelse} bdef
    > % line types: solid, dotted, dashed, dotdash
    > /SO { [] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DO { [.5 dpi2point mul 4 dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DA { [6 dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > /DD { [.5 dpi2point mul 4 dpi2point mul 6 dpi2point mul 4
    > dpi2point mul] 0 setdash } bdef
    > % macros for lines and objects
    > /L {lineto stroke} bdef
    > /MP {3 1 roll moveto 1 sub {rlineto} repeat} bdef
    > /AP {{rlineto} repeat} bdef
    > /PDlw -1 def
    > /W {/PDlw currentlinewidth def setlinewidth} def
    > /PP {closepath eofill} bdef
    > /DP {closepath stroke} bdef
    > /MR {4 -2 roll moveto dup 0 exch rlineto exch 0 rlineto
    > neg 0 exch rlineto closepath} bdef
    > /FR {MR stroke} bdef
    > /PR {MR fill} bdef
    > /L1i {{currentfile picstr readhexstring pop} image} bdef
    > /tMatrix matrix def
    > /MakeOval {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 0 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix} bdef
    > /FO {MakeOval stroke} bdef
    > /PO {MakeOval fill} bdef
    > /PD {currentlinewidth 2 div 0 360 arc fill
    > PDlw -1 eq not {PDlw w /PDlw -1 def} if} def
    > /FA {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arc tMatrix setmatrix stroke} bdef
    > /PA {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate 0 0 moveto scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arc closepath tMatrix setmatrix fill} bdef
    > /FAn {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arcn tMatrix setmatrix stroke} bdef
    > /PAn {newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop translate 0 0 moveto scale
    > 0 0 1 5 -2 roll arcn closepath tMatrix setmatrix fill} bdef
    > /vradius 0 def /hradius 0 def /lry 0 def
    > /lrx 0 def /uly 0 def /ulx 0 def /rad 0 def
    > /MRR {/vradius xdef /hradius xdef /lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef
    > /ulx xdef newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx hradius add uly
    > vradius add translate hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 180 270 arc
    > tMatrix setmatrix lrx hradius sub uly vradius add translate
    > hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 270 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > lrx hradius sub lry vradius sub translate hradius vradius scale
    > 0 0 1 0 90 arc tMatrix setmatrix ulx hradius add lry vradius sub
    > translate hradius vradius scale 0 0 1 90 180 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FRR {MRR stroke } bdef
    > /PRR {MRR fill } bdef
    > /MlrRR {/lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef /ulx xdef /rad lry uly sub 2 div def
    > newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx rad add uly rad add translate
    > rad rad scale 0 0 1 90 270 arc tMatrix setmatrix lrx rad sub lry rad
    > sub translate rad rad scale 0 0 1 270 90 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FlrRR {MlrRR stroke } bdef
    > /PlrRR {MlrRR fill } bdef
    > /MtbRR {/lry xdef /lrx xdef /uly xdef /ulx xdef /rad lrx ulx sub 2 div def
    > newpath tMatrix currentmatrix pop ulx rad add uly rad add translate
    > rad rad scale 0 0 1 180 360 arc tMatrix setmatrix lrx rad sub lry rad
    > sub translate rad rad scale 0 0 1 0 180 arc tMatrix setmatrix
    > closepath} bdef
    > /FtbRR {MtbRR stroke } bdef
    > /PtbRR {MtbRR fill } bdef
    > /stri 6 array def /dtri 6 array def
    > /smat 6 array def /dmat 6 array def
    > /tmat1 6 array def /tmat2 6 array def /dif 3 array def
    > /asub {/ind2 exch def /ind1 exch def dup dup
    > ind1 get exch ind2 get sub exch } bdef
    > /tri_to_matrix {
    > 2 0 asub 3 1 asub 4 0 asub 5 1 asub
    > dup 0 get exch 1 get 7 -1 roll astore } bdef
    > /compute_transform {
    > dmat dtri tri_to_matrix tmat1 invertmatrix
    > smat stri tri_to_matrix tmat2 concatmatrix } bdef
    > /ds {stri astore pop} bdef
    > /dt {dtri astore pop} bdef
    > /db {2 copy /cols xdef /rows xdef mul dup 3 mul string
    > currentfile
    > 3 index 0 eq {/ASCIIHexDecode filter}
    > {/ASCII85Decode filter 3 index 2 eq {/RunLengthDecode filter} if }
    > ifelse exch readstring pop
    > dup 0 3 index getinterval /rbmap xdef
    > dup 2 index dup getinterval /gbmap xdef
    > 1 index dup 2 mul exch getinterval /bbmap xdef pop pop}bdef
    > /it {gs np dtri aload pop moveto lineto lineto cp c
    > cols rows 8 compute_transform
    > rbmap gbmap bbmap true 3 colorimage gr}bdef
    > /il {newpath moveto lineto stroke}bdef
    > currentdict end def
    > %%EndProlog
    >
    > %%BeginSetup
    > MathWorks begin
    >
    > 0 cap
    >
    > end
    > %%EndSetup
    >
    > %%Page: 1 1
    > %%BeginPageSetup
    > %%PageBoundingBox: 96 238 515 553
    > MathWorks begin
    > bpage
    > %%EndPageSetup
    >
    > %%BeginObject: obj1
    > bplot
    >
    > /dpi2point 12 def
    > portraitMode 1152 6636 csm
    >
    > 0 0 5039 3780 rc
    > 85 dict begin %Colortable dictionary
    > /c0 { 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c1 { 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c2 { 0.900000 0.000000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c3 { 0.000000 0.820000 0.000000 sr} bdef
    > /c4 { 0.000000 0.000000 0.800000 sr} bdef
    > /c5 { 0.910000 0.820000 0.320000 sr} bdef
    > /c6 { 1.000000 0.260000 0.820000 sr} bdef
    > /c7 { 0.000000 0.820000 0.820000 sr} bdef
    > c0
    > 1 j
    > 1 sg
    > 0 0 5040 3781 rf
    > 6 w
    > 0 3082 3905 0 0 -3082 655 3364 4 MP
    > PP
    > -3905 0 0 3082 3905 0 0 -3082 655 3364 5 MP stroke
    > 4 w
    > DO
    > SO
    > 6 w
    > 0 sg
    > 655 282 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 3324 L
    > 655 282 mt 655 322 L
    > %%IncludeResource: font Helvetica
    > /Helvetica /WindowsLatin1Encoding 120 FMSR
    >
    > 622 3509 mt
    > (0) s
    > 1436 3364 mt 1436 3324 L
    > 1436 282 mt 1436 322 L
    > 1353 3509 mt
    > (0.2) s
    > 2217 3364 mt 2217 3324 L
    > 2217 282 mt 2217 322 L
    > 2134 3509 mt
    > (0.4) s
    > 2998 3364 mt 2998 3324 L
    > 2998 282 mt 2998 322 L
    > 2915 3509 mt
    > (0.6) s
    > 3779 3364 mt 3779 3324 L
    > 3779 282 mt 3779 322 L
    > 3696 3509 mt
    > (0.8) s
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 3324 L
    > 4560 282 mt 4560 322 L
    > 4527 3509 mt
    > (1) s
    > 655 3364 mt 694 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4520 3364 L
    > 384 3408 mt
    > (-0.8) s
    > 655 3021 mt 694 3021 L
    > 4560 3021 mt 4520 3021 L
    > 384 3065 mt
    > (-0.6) s
    > 655 2679 mt 694 2679 L
    > 4560 2679 mt 4520 2679 L
    > 384 2723 mt
    > (-0.4) s
    > 655 2337 mt 694 2337 L
    > 4560 2337 mt 4520 2337 L
    > 384 2381 mt
    > (-0.2) s
    > 655 1994 mt 694 1994 L
    > 4560 1994 mt 4520 1994 L
    > 554 2038 mt
    > (0) s
    > 655 1652 mt 694 1652 L
    > 4560 1652 mt 4520 1652 L
    > 454 1696 mt
    > (0.2) s
    > 655 1309 mt 694 1309 L
    > 4560 1309 mt 4520 1309 L
    > 454 1353 mt
    > (0.4) s
    > 655 967 mt 694 967 L
    > 4560 967 mt 4520 967 L
    > 454 1011 mt
    > (0.6) s
    > 655 625 mt 694 625 L
    > 4560 625 mt 4520 625 L
    > 454 669 mt
    > (0.8) s
    > 655 282 mt 694 282 L
    > 4560 282 mt 4520 282 L
    > 554 326 mt
    > (1) s
    > 655 282 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 4560 3364 L
    > 4560 3364 mt 4560 282 L
    > 655 3364 mt 655 282 L
    > gs 655 283 3906 3082 rc
    > /c8 { 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 sr} bdef
    > c8
    > 4 14 3 15 4 15 4 15 4 15 4 16 4 17 4 16
    > 4 17 4 17 4 17 4 18 3 18 4 18 4 18 4 19
    > 4 19 4 19 4 19 4 19 4 20 4 20 4 19 3 20
    > 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20
    > 4 21 3 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 21 4 20
    > 4 20 4 21 4 20 4 19 3 20 4 20 4 19 4 19
    > 4 20 4 18 4 19 4 18 4 19 4 18 3 17 4 17
    > 4 18 4 16 4 17 4 16 4 16 4 15 4 15 4 15
    > 4 14 3 14 4 13 4 13 4 13 4 12 4 12 4 11
    > 4 11 4 11 4 9 3 10 4 9 4 8 4 8 4 7
    > 4 7 4 6 4 6 4 5 4 5 4 4 3 4 4 3
    > 4 2 4 2 4 1 4 1 4 0 4 -1 4 -1 4 -1
    > 3 -3 4 -2 4 -4 4 -4 4 -5 4 -5 4 -6 4 -6
    > 4 -7 4 -7 4 -9 3 -8 4 -10 4 -10 4 -10 4 -11
    > 4 -12 4 -12 4 -12 4 -14 4 -13 3 -15 4 -14 4 -16
    > 4 -16 4 -16 4 -17 4 -17 4 -18 4 -18 4 -19 4 -19
    > 3 -19 4 -20 4 -21 4 -21 4 -21 4 -21 4 -22 4 -23
    > 4 -22 4 -23 3 -24 4 -23 4 -24 4 -24 4 -24 4 -25
    > 4 -25 4 -25 4 -25 4 -26 4 -25 3 -26 4 -26 4 -26
    > 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 3 -27
    > 4 -26 4 -27 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26 4 -26
    > 4 -25 4 -26 3 -25 4 -25 4 -24 4 -25 4 -24 4 -24
    > 4 -24 4 -23 4 -23 4 -23 3 -22 4 -22 4 -21 4 -21
    > 4 -21 4 -20 4 -20 4 -19 4 -19 4 -19 4 -17 3 -18
    > 4 -17 4 -16 4 -15 4 -15 4 -15 4 -14 4 -13 4 -13
    > 4 -12 3 -11 4 -11 4 -10 4 -10 4 -8 4 -9 4 -7
    > 4 -7 4 -6 4 -5 4 -4 3 -4 4 -3 4 -3 4 -1
    > 4 -1 4 0 4 0 4 2 4 2 4 3 4 3 3 5
    > 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 7 4 8 4 9 4 10 4 10
    > 4 12 3 12 4 12 4 14 4 14 4 15 4 15 4 17
    > 4 16 4 18 4 18 4 19 3 20 4 20 4 21 4 22
    > 4 22 4 23 4 23 4 25 4 24 4 25 3 26 4 26
    > 4 27 4 27 4 28 4 28 4 29 4 29 4 29 4 30
    > 4 30 3 31 4 31 4 31 4 32 4 32 4 32 4 32
    > 4 33 4 33 4 33 3 33 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 34
    > 4 34 4 34 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 34 3 34 4 34
    > 4 33 4 34 4 33 4 34 4 33 4 32 4 33 4 32
    > 3 32 4 32 4 31 1057 1263 300 MP stroke
    > 4 31 4 31 4 31 4 29 4 30 4 29 4 29 4 28
    > 3 27 4 28 4 26 4 26 4 25 4 25 4 24 4 24
    > 4 23 4 22 3 22 4 20 4 21 4 19 4 19 4 17
    > 4 18 4 16 4 15 4 15 4 14 3 13 4 12 4 11
    > 4 11 4 9 4 9 4 7 4 7 4 6 4 5 3 4
    > 4 3 4 2 4 1 4 0 4 -1 4 -1 4 -3 4 -4
    > 4 -5 4 -5 3 -7 4 -8 4 -8 4 -10 4 -10 4 -12
    > 4 -12 4 -14 4 -14 4 -15 3 -17 4 -17 4 -18 4 -19
    > 4 -20 4 -21 4 -22 4 -22 4 -24 4 -24 4 -26 3 -26
    > 4 -27 4 -27 4 -29 4 -29 4 -30 4 -31 4 -32 4 -32
    > 4 -33 3 -34 4 -34 4 -35 4 -35 4 -37 4 -36 4 -38
    > 4 -38 4 -38 4 -39 4 -39 3 -40 4 -40 4 -41 4 -41
    > 4 -41 4 -42 4 -42 4 -42 4 -43 4 -42 3 -43 655 1994 104 MP stroke
    > gr
    >
    > c8
    >
    > end %%Color Dict
    >
    > eplot
    > %%EndObject
    >
    > epage
    > end
    >
    > showpage
    >
    > %%Trailer
    > %%EOF
    >
    >
    > --------------000601030609050504070106--



    >> On Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:09 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    >> Rich Quist wrote:
    >>
    >> I'd still appreciate hearing suggestions on this.
    >>
    >> Thanks



    >>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:26 AM Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:


    >>> Hi Rich,
    >>>
    >>> With the EPS file you posted I get the same gap in both Word 2003 and Word 2007 when using Insert=>Picture, but not in other
    >>> viewers, such as http://irfanview.com There can be variations based on which EPSImp32.FLT Office Graphic Filter version is in use.
    >>> With the filter Word generally does not use a preview picture (if any) stored in the EPS file, but renders from its own. I didn't
    >>> see anything on a quick look at the Postscript code of the MatLab generated graph.
    >>>
    >>> Do you also get the gap when printing?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ============
    >>> <<"Rich Quist" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> The "insert EPS file" functionality in Word 2007 seems to have been updated
    >>> from previous releases, and isn't displaying or printing the content of some
    >>> encapsulated postscript (eps) files properly.
    >>>
    >>> The attached eps file, when inserted into Word 2007 (click on Insert tab,
    >>> click on Picture), displays and prints with a gap in the blue line on the
    >>> left-hand side of the plot. This gap is not present in Word 2003 or in other
    >>> postscript viewers such as ghostview. I've also seen instances where the
    >>> printed page just displays a message indicating a syntax error and doesn't
    >>> print the picture at all.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried searching the Microsoft web site but haven't been able to find
    >>> anything about this kind of issue. Has anyone come across this and/or know if
    >>> there are any options available to control how the .eps files are imported?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Bob Buckland ?:)
    >>> MS Office System Products MVP
    >>>
    >>> *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*



    >>>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:57 PM Rich Quist wrote:


    >>>> Bob Buckland ?:) wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Bob,
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
    >>>>
    >>>> I do get the gap when printing from MS Word, but not when printing from other
    >>>> apps (ghostview, Adobe Illustrator)
    >>>>
    >>>> I searched my hard drive and found the graphics filters in C:\Program
    >>>> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT. The eps filter is dated
    >>>> 08/23/2007 and the version properties tab shows (among other properties)
    >>>> File Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    >>>> Product Version: 2006.1200.6211.1000
    >>>> Product Name: 2007 Microsoft Office System
    >>>> That appears to be the latest one that Office ships with
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Rich



    >>>>> On Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:12 AM Yaroslav Fedorina wrote:


    >>>>> I've found the workaround.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I have 2003 Office
    >>>>>
    >>>>> There is a file which is responsible for filtering EPS while inserting it into Word document:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\GRPHFLT\EPSIMP32.FLT
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The version I had was dated to ?2003? .
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I've replaced it with another version dated 2007 and I can see all imported EPS images now!
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Here is a link to this(working) filter on my DropBox
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1857399/EPSIMP32.FLT



    >>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
    >>>>> SQL Server USING SET STATISTICS IO and SET STATISTICS TIME – how to read results
    >>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...set-statistics-time--how-to-read-results.aspx
     
    Yaroslav Fedorina, Mar 17, 2011
    #6
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Generic Admin

    Loading EPS file into Word automatically?

    Generic Admin, Dec 8, 2003, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    121
    Generic Admin
    Dec 9, 2003
  2. Pee Em
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    114
    Pee Em
    Apr 30, 2004
  3. George

    Importing EPS files into Word

    George, Jul 2, 2004, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    148
    Word Heretic
    Jul 3, 2004
  4. Alana
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    124
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Feb 25, 2005
  5. Assetprotection

    Importing eps files to Word

    Assetprotection, Oct 27, 2005, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    151
    macropod
    Oct 28, 2005
  6. Anthony

    eps files into word 2007

    Anthony, Sep 2, 2007, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    198
    Anthony
    Sep 11, 2007
  7. Roger Thompson

    eps file from illustrator into Word 2002

    Roger Thompson, Nov 1, 2007, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    192
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Nov 2, 2007
  8. Rich Quist

    Re: Importing EPS file into Word 2007

    Rich Quist, Oct 1, 2009, in forum: Word Graphics
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,402
    Rich Quist
    Oct 1, 2009
Loading...