Importing multiple pictures into PP presentation

P

PaulFryer

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

I occasionally give photo presentations, and these use a Windows computer. It is set up to use PowerPoint for this, with one photo corresponding to one PP slide. I keep my pictures in iPhoto, and organize the presentations in iPhoto also.

The question is, how do I do a bulk transfer of all the pictures in an iPhoto album into successive slides in PowerPoint? I can do them one at a time, by transferring all of the pictures to a folder on the desktop (easy), and then importing them singly into PP slides. This takes a long time, as a typical presentation can contain 150-200 photos. So I would like a way to do this in groups.

Thanks for any suggestions.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

I occasionally give photo presentations, and these use a Windows computer. It is set up to use PowerPoint for this, with one photo corresponding to one PP slide. I keep my pictures in iPhoto, and organize the presentations in iPhoto also.

The question is, how do I do a bulk transfer of all the pictures in an iPhoto album into successive slides in PowerPoint? I can do them one at a time, by transferring all of the pictures to a folder on the desktop (easy), and then importing them singly into PP slides. This takes a long time, as a typical presentation can contain 150-200 photos. So I would like a way to do this in groups.

Hi Paul,

Please tell the world that I did not put you up to this!

Here's a shameless plug for my addin:
http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/PowerPoint/ppt2004.htm

-Jim

S

Steve Rindsberg

I occasionally give photo presentations, and these use a Windows computer. It is
set up to use PowerPoint for this, with one photo corresponding to one PP slide. I
keep my pictures in iPhoto, and organize the presentations in iPhoto also.
The question is, how do I do a bulk transfer of all the pictures in an iPhoto album
into successive slides in PowerPoint? I can do them one at a time, by transferring
all of the pictures to a folder on the desktop (easy), and then importing them singly
into PP slides. This takes a long time, as a typical presentation can contain 150-200
photos. So I would like a way to do this in groups.

There are links here to several do-it-yourself methods and several commercial
add-ins, including Jim's of course.

BATCH IMPORT images into PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00050.htm

Ask a Question