Incoming mail

I

ilmguy

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop For some reason, all my incoming mail goes directly to the 'deleted' folder and is marked as 'junk'. This consistently occurs although I have junk mail protection set to 'none' and have no rules established.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 1/6/10 5:08 PM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

For some reason, all my incoming mail goes directly to the 'deleted' folder and is marked as 'junk'. This consistently occurs although I have junk mail protection set to  'none' and have no rules established.

Check the Mailing List Manager. The MLM rules run first.

It's very easy to set up a MLM rule by accident, when you are marking a message as 'not junk'. The wording of that dialog is ambiguous to say the least. Check if there is an MLM entry (look for MLM entries under the tools menu) with the incorrect destination folder as the target folder. Mailing List Manager rules run before your other rules.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   
Entourage Help Blog  
Follow us on twitter  

I

ilmguy

Thanks for the help. You were right about the MLM. There was a rule calling for deletion of all emails coming to my address!!

Thanks again.

Ask a Question