Incorrect Vertical Spacing in Table Cells

K

kia

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I try to vertically center text in a cell it doesn't center. It seems like it always assumes I have two lines of text for every one line and centers according to that. However this is despite the fact that it is single-spaced.

Also, whenever I try to put two lines of text in a cell it automatically double-spaces the text but apparently it is recorded as single-spaced because when I try to change it to single-spaced it thinks it already is single-spaced. (If I cut the same exact text out of the cell and put it into the main body of the document it pastes as single-spaced text).

I also checked the whole "don't add a space between paragraphs" box and it is marked so I don't think it could be marking the lines as separate paragraphs that need to be spaced. PLEASE help me because this is driving me bonkers.

(I am just using the table normal style, and I have tried creating a new style with all of the settings that I think will fix the problem and nothing that I create is doing it.)

Ask a Question