index field and section breaks

R

raj

I have 5 sections in my document with RD fields in 4th section and index field at 5th section. All the section breaks are of "Section Break - Next Page" type

On updating the index field, the index entries are generated successfully when i have RD fields at section 4

On updating the index field when there are no RD fields at section 4, the section break between the sections 4 and 5 is converted into "Section Break - Continuous" and the index page is automatically moved to end of the previous page

Please suggest me, what could be the problem, and why this section break - Next page is converted to section break - continuous

C

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?cmFq?=,

This is not a programming question; a VBA newsgroup is the wrong place to ask it.

You'll have better luck getting a quick and knowledgeable response in an end-user group,
such as word.pagelayout, word.formatting.longdocs or word.docmanagement (whichever you
consider more appropriate). ***And be SURE to mention which version of Word you have***
I have 5 sections in my document with RD fields in 4th section and index field at 5th
section. All the section breaks are of "Section Break - Next Page" type.
On updating the index field, the index entries are generated successfully when i have RD fields at section 4.

On updating the index field when there are no RD fields at section 4, the section break
between the sections 4 and 5 is converted into "Section Break - Continuous" and the index
page is automatically moved to end of the previous page.
Please suggest me, what could be the problem, and why this section break - Next page is
converted to section break - continuous.
Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Sep 30 2003)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

Ask a Question