programming interface, I get following error when I click an any event:

InfoPath cannot add the event handler .

To work with Visual Basic or C# code, Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for
Applications (VSTA) is required. The Microsft .Net Framework2.0 and Microsoft
Core XML 6.0 must be installed prior to installing VSTA

I have .Net 2005 installed SDK 2.0 installed, InfoPath 2007 and VSTO
installed (also have xml parser 6.0 installed). I have uninstalled and
re-installed all of the above, but still get the same error. I even tried to
update the Office 2007 configuration using the control pannel, change program.

Please can anybody help or guide me in right direction???? Thank you.

A

Andrei Gavrila

Hi Rolf,

Today I had the same problem and apparently there can be 2 reasons. One documented by microsoft : Your project path is too long (longer than 127 characters).

The other - Forms that end in numbers (version numbers) can cause bugs because of the way they name the VSTA projects. MyFormv1 will name the VSTA projects in the following order : MyFormv1, MyFormv11, MyFormv12, MyFormv13 (if you decide to create and remove code). If you already have a form MyFormv13 it is obvious that the pair of names (form names and project names) is going to cause a bug.

My recomendation: change the name of the form

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

A

Andrei Gavrila

Hi Rolf,

Today I had the same problem and apparently there can be 2 reasons. One documented by microsoft : Your project path is too long (longer than 127 characters).

The other - Forms that end in numbers (version numbers) can cause bugs because of the way they name the VSTA projects. MyFormv1 will name the VSTA projects in the following order : MyFormv1, MyFormv11, MyFormv12, MyFormv13 (if you decide to create and remove code). If you already have a form MyFormv13 it is obvious that the pair of names (form names and project names) is going to cause a bug.

My recomendation: change the name of the form

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question