Installing Multi Language Support for Office 2000

J

JamesFowler

When I attempt to install multi language support for Office 2000, I go to the General Tab in the Regional Settings window, and select the two languages I want to add, Greek and Hebrew. When I do, I am prompted to enter my Windows 2000 install CD. When I do and the install disk is read, I keep getting the message that certain .nls and .dll files are missing.

Does this mean that I am using the wrong CD (I am running Windows 2000 Professional 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4).

Any help would be appreciated!

G

George Hester

There is Multi-Language support for Microsoft Operating systems and Multi-Language support for Microsoft Office. These are two very different animals. You can install Multi-Language support for Windows 2000 and Windows XP and I believe Windows 2003. It comes on two CD-ROMS.

You can install Multi-Language support for Microsoft Office except that it HAS to be the Enterprise version. They come on about 12 CD-ROMS.

You could searcvh on the Net for those nls files and if you are told the dlls. Most go in C:\WINNT\system32.

Multi-language is installed by using the setup on the CD-ROMs. Once you have that Windows Regional settings allow you to change the language version for the operating system. For Office you will find a Language settings tool in Microsoft Office tools. You use that to change language settings in Microsoft Office. But of course you won't have that until you install the Multi-Language software.

Ask a Question