Installing Office 2004

A

Austin50

Purchased new iMac and loaded MS Office 2004 Standard Edition. The household has 2 computers and one laptop. All running MS Office 2004 Standard Edition. Of course, the 2 computers can not run MS Office at the same time because we get the message - MS Office cannot start because MS Office is already in use.
To solve this problem we recently purchased MS Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition and also loaded it onto the new iMac. Maybe I should have removed MS Office 2004 Standard Edition before loading MS Office 2004 Student/Teacher Edition because we are still getting the message - MS Office cannot start because MS Office is already in use. I own MS Office software for each computer.

How do I solve the problem on the new iMAC?
Will removing MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC solve this problem?
If so, how do I remove MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC?
How will removing MS Office effect any files?

By the way, from reading some of the forum emails, I checked the Office Additional Tools folder and did not see Office Test Drive.

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you.

A

Austin50

Hi Bob,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
It worked and we are up and running!! Yeah!!

Thanks for your quick response!

Thanks Again!

C

CyberTaz

You're certainly most welcome, but the thanks goes to those who came before
me... all I did was point you to a well-traveled path:)

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

Hi Bob,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
It worked and we are up and running!! Yeah!!

Thanks for your quick response!

Thanks Again!

Ask a Question