Installing Third-Party Font

K

KenF

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi -- I have a third-party font in the form of TTF file. I have placed it in ~/Library/Fonts, in /Library/Fonts and in /Library/Fonts/Microsoft. It is available and usable in other Mac applications (eg TextEdit). But it does not appear in the font menu in Word, and if I create an RTF file with TextEdit using that font, and open the resulting document in Word, the new font shows up as empty rectangles. How do I use this font in Word?

J

JC

Hi -- I have a third-party font in the form of TTF file. I have placed
it in ~/Library/Fonts, in /Library/Fonts and in /Library/Fonts/Microsoft.
It is available and usable in other Mac applications (eg TextEdit). But
it does not appear in the font menu in Word, and if I create an RTF file
with TextEdit using that font, and open the resulting document in Word,
the new font shows up as empty rectangles. How do I use this font in Word?

J

JC

Sorry for above. Here's what I did to remedy the same situation. When you go to /Library/Fonts/Microsoft, when you see the name of the font you imported, click on it and a new box will open (you can actually click on any font name to open the box). In left hand column, click on "Windows Office Compatible" -- scroll down the font list to the right and if you still don't see your font listed, simply drag and drop it into that list. When you reopen Word, the font should appear in the Font Menu. Hope that helps!

C

CyberTaz

Have you launched Word since installing the font? I believe Word reads font
availability on startup so newly added fonts may not be recognized.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

K

KenF

JC, I have moved it to the "Windows Compatible" group using font book, but it still does not appear in the font menu.

Ask a Question